Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,600 times

Advertisements

Im in a similar situation and thought those who replied might have some info on the Main st. Woodlawn area. I just looked at an apartment there yesterday. It's about 2 mins away from North main st heading into Providence. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,585 times
Wink Pawtucket

Hi , I don't know Pawtucket but the Westerly Pawcatuck area is wonderful for walking , beaches , kayaking and generally being in a natural environment. Do you know Winnapaug Cottages. a 55 plus community within the Champlin Woods 135 acre preserve?

Old 08-30-2009, 11:52 AM

222 posts, read 545,629 times
I lived in the Darlington area for three years and liked it pretty well. I never once felt unsafe, and having Slater Park next door was a huge bonus. GREAT park! I also liked the easy access to both N. Attleboro and Seekonk. It's pretty affordable with a mix of single family and multi family housing.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:36 PM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
If someone is looking at PAWTUCKET, why on earth would you recommend Westerly/Pawcatuck?? No where near close...

Oh wait, brand new member.... no previous posts......coud it just be that you are affiliated with Champlin Woods and this is free advertising??

Old 08-31-2009, 08:48 AM

394 posts, read 1,397,414 times
They're probably just confused between Pawcatuck and Pawtucket. Even RI'ers will screw that one up.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,493 times
the whole east side of pawtucket is bad the prospect area a.k.a P.H.Y are crazy and most likey you will get shoted up next to broadway and john st.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,924 times
Default Pawtucket R.I.

Does anyone know if Clark Ave in Pawtucket R.I. is a good area?

Old 04-14-2011, 04:04 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCGator View Post
I lived in the Darlington area for three years and liked it pretty well. I never once felt unsafe, and having Slater Park next door was a huge bonus. GREAT park! I also liked the easy access to both N. Attleboro and Seekonk. It's pretty affordable with a mix of single family and multi family housing.
Darlington is one of the few fairly decent areas in Pawtucket. Even that is going downhill these days, so do some research and driving around. Rhode Island is so small, there are many small city areas away from Pawtucket. For that matter, you can go over the border into Mass. to North or South Attleboro, Seekonk, Mass. etc. Depending on your price range and whether you are going to buy a home or rent an apt. I would suggest renting to get to know the areas, and strongly suggest checking with the local police departments before you choose where to live.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,864 times
Most cities in ri have a nice part and a bad part. Pawtucket is very nice around darlington (close to seekonk ma) and looks/feels ok east of newport ave (rt 1). On the other side of newport ave there's a lot of tenaments (3 or 4 family stacked houses). Safe but it doesn't look nice. The closer the city borders providence, the worse the area as a general rule. like the last poster mentioned, moving to seekonk is a great option. You'll drive 10-15 minutes to get into Providence.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:18 AM

7 posts, read 14,951 times
I lived on Woodhaven Road in one of the brick apartment buildings (#385) and it was great. Close to most stuff, quiet, never had any problems day or night. Found lots of childcare, there's tons to do and really, the prices weren't that bad either. I would highly recommend that area at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island