Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2010, 06:26 AM

5 posts, read 12,606 times

Advertisements

If anyone lives in Chesterfield or knows the area, could you please tell me your opinion on what the good schools are and the not so good ones? Thanks!

I am having a hard time figuring out which ones I should stay away from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 01:40 PM

42 posts, read 93,783 times
this link shows SAT test scores....

About Chesterfield County Public Schools (http://chesterfield.k12.va.us/CCPS/About_CCPS/ccps.htm - broken link)

Old 07-09-2010, 07:42 PM

1,292 posts, read 4,703,263 times
Keep in mind it depends on where you live. You can not pick a school. You have to attend the school your house is zoned in.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:04 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,147,991 times
And I would take what Anders says just a bit further and say you should never pick a home for a specific school. In a county the size of Chesterfield, redistricting (or even closing of a school) often occurs. Case in point is the recent closing of Chester Middle so that it can become the 9th Grade Campus for Thomas Dale High School.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:59 PM

3 posts, read 7,889 times
It is generally accepted around the area that Midlothian and James River are the two best high schools in Chesterfield County, and I would also have to agree, having attended Midlothian. The only school that I would REALLY advise against is Meadowbrook. Most other schools are at least decent, but Midlothian and James River are a cut above.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:46 PM

55 posts, read 183,101 times
Chesterfield county has EXCELLENT schools so you really cannot go wrong. I substiute teached and was also a full-time teacher in several of the schools here. The only school that is sketchy in this area, IMHO, is Meadowbrook H.S.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:35 AM

55 posts, read 243,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisnSoFL View Post
Chesterfield county has EXCELLENT schools so you really cannot go wrong. I substiute teached and was also a full-time teacher in several of the schools here. The only school that is sketchy in this area, IMHO, is Meadowbrook H.S.
Back when I was in HS 14 years ago the only bad school in C-field was "ghettobrook."

Old 12-06-2010, 10:29 AM

3 posts, read 9,650 times
Agree - stay away from the Meadobrook/Falling Creek area. Although Chesterfield County has the best schools in the Richmond metro area, that one in particular is awful.
Best schools are in Midlothian area - Woolridge/Bettie Weaver/Spring Run elementary are great; Tomahawk Creek middle and JR/Midlo/Cosby high are all great.
Chesterfield is the only district offering specialty high schools, as well.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:46 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,693,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonsg View Post
Agree - stay away from the Meadobrook/Falling Creek area. Although Chesterfield County has the best schools in the Richmond metro area, that one in particular is awful.
Best schools are in Midlothian area - Woolridge/Bettie Weaver/Spring Run elementary are great; Tomahawk Creek middle and JR/Midlo/Cosby high are all great.
Chesterfield is the only district offering specialty high schools, as well.
Um, a bit of a stretch to declare them the best. Quite subjective. Fabulous schools in Henrico and Hanover too. Also, Henrico has specialty centers at its high schools. Not sure about Hanover. I won't bother to argue that any one county has superior schools because they all have many excellent options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: