Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 02:16 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,896,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlost View Post
AJNEOA....no my comments were not directed at you personally.
It's just that I started this thread with a genuine request for advice on things to do in Richmond. I got one genuine response, but that was followed by some comments that were somewhat mean.
Being insulted by total strangers doesn't help endear me to Richmond.
I just resigned my lease for another year to try and give Richmond a chance....after all, I spent a lot of money to move here.
I am trying to like it here, and I think forums like this are a good resource...and a great place to just trade advice and opinions about a place.

I'm not here to bash Richmond or to offend anyone on this forum...so I apologize if I have.
On a lighter note....I'm going to try to compose my list of things I love about Richmond for the Richmond Positive Thread....!
Oh good, I'm glad because I would have hated to have come off as bitter. I discovered in the past year that I was being too negative about my old town (Rochester, NY). No one ever said anything to me about it, but I could see that I was beginning to pull down other people that might have otherwise been content. Once I realized this, I apologized to them and tried to just enjoy my surroundings. I don't think you were being overly negative, but I felt like a couple others were shooting Richmond down, just to do it. A few of those people have recently said some nicer things!

I think the hardest thing about moving somewhere new is that you have to make friends and re-establish yourself. I'm lucky to have moved here with my wife because we have each other and it's been easier to settle in and feel like we're home. When I went to London (England) for three months, I went with a few others that I didn't know and it was really hard. It felt foreign, and my sensitivity to slightly rude people/bad situations was very heightened.

I hope the next year works out better for you than the past year. I think the city has real potential. And if it's not for you, you know you can always go back...at least you tried!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: