Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:56 PM

293 posts, read 827,569 times

Advertisements

I'm still fairly new to Virginia... living in the Hopewell area & yesterday i was shocked and disturbed by ==> This Flyer <== in my newspaper box. While i know it's fully in their rights to recruit openly for these groups...I must say as a minority citizen it makes me uncomfortable. And this is the good flyer...it's others that openly conveyed hatred toward the Jewish. I'm just curious as to if anyone else in the Tri-Cities or Richmond area has seen these flyers around
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 05:50 AM

1,799 posts, read 6,322,057 times
Never seen anything like that. What a shame.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:28 AM

2,032 posts, read 6,895,124 times
That is really bad. I won't complain anymore when I get all of the Gun Show
junk mail in my mailbox.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:50 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,268,573 times
I have never seen anything like that! Could the police do anything about it? That is scary!

Old 04-14-2010, 11:15 PM

542 posts, read 993,504 times
As disgusting as this is, it looks like they are HQ'd in Michigan of all places. I've heard of things like this in other areas and it doesn't necessarily mean that there is a legitimate group in the Richmond area. From what I've heard and witnessed, some members from these groups will travel to a selected city or town and canvas it and move on. I've heard about this in the DC area too, and in Pennsylvania. I'm sure it happens everywhere for that matter. I think these idiots are just reminding people that yes, idiots are still around.

So bottom line, while racism exists everywhere, you should be just fine in Richmond and the vicinity. And the city itself is majority minority and the suburbs pretty evenly mixed. And most suburban people anywhere are too pc to admit they are racist to do anything about it anyway.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:54 PM

1,292 posts, read 4,708,522 times
More junk from out of state. Have not been to hopewell but you would never get anything like that in the Richmond area.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:42 PM

631 posts, read 1,291,897 times
isn't that the same state where this came from?
MICHIGANMILITIA.COM We are Homeland Defense.......
HUTAREE.COM

Old 04-15-2010, 08:34 PM

I talked to about 10 people in the neighborhood home said they got them also...One lady said that she was bike riding and saw a person putting them in mailboxes that looked cautious and nervous. So when she approached to confront him...he speed off and all she got was 3 of his plate numbers. It is a nice mix of races [Caucasian, Asian, Arabic, African American & Hispanic] in the neighborhood I found out & it seems it won't be tolerated. The neighborhood watch has stepped up its watch & i feel better about the situation. I googled the group in question & it doesn't seem like they have a very big following in Virginia thus far, but i know they are on my radar now...so i'm going to be more vigilant of my surrounding

Old 04-15-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I have never seen anything like that! Could the police do anything about it? That is scary!
Actually only if they would have placed it in the mailbox [apparently that's a federal offense]. The officer did ask if i knew the plate number & had any vehicle description, but i didn't at that time. But he was really nonchalant about it [as if this was the least of his worries] & told it my neighborhood wasn't the first to see those flyers. [he was the one that told me of the more hate filled ones]. But he assured me that my neighborhood watch was one of the best in the area and that if i found anything else out to let them know. [even though i don't have confidence that they'd rush to do anything about it]

Old 04-15-2010, 10:55 PM

1,292 posts, read 4,708,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaSouth803 View Post
I talked to about 10 people in the neighborhood home said they got them also...One lady said that she was bike riding and saw a person putting them in mailboxes that looked cautious and nervous. So when she approached to confront him...he speed off and all she got was 3 of his plate numbers. It is a nice mix of races [Caucasian, Asian, Arabic, African American & Hispanic] in the neighborhood I found out & it seems it won't be tolerated. The neighborhood watch has stepped up its watch & i feel better about the situation. I googled the group in question & it doesn't seem like they have a very big following in Virginia thus far, but i know they are on my radar now...so i'm going to be more vigilant of my surrounding

Yeah because if they were going IN people's mailboxes it is a federal offense for tampering with the mail and a fine or possibly jail time can be the punishment for the offense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: