Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 08:00 AM

1 posts, read 677 times

Advertisements

Hi,l too grew up close by, I lived off of Stonewood Rd near Lake Ave. I went to #42 School. I walked every where as a kid around Charlotte, Greece and up toward Ridge Rd. Does anyone remember the Bakery in Northgate Plaza? They were AWESOME> I use to go to the Barnard Carnival as well as the Holy Cross Carnival/ St Anthony's Day Parade and Celebration. Remember The Old Dutch Mill restaurant near the corner of Dewey and Stone Rd? I moved to Texas in the winter of '79 and have not been back since 2002. I miss all the small town feel of the area, being in Dallas/Fort Worth so much of that doesn't exist here.
I have the BEST memories of going to the Midtown Mall with my mom, brother and sister to the Christmas displays. We would grab dinner at the old Woolworth's Cafe and stop in Sibley's to the Christmas Village and then see Santa at the Midtown Mall. I wish there were places like that to take my kids and their kids down here. You can't replace those memories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 12:02 PM

384 posts, read 356,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweez58 View Post
Hi,l too grew up close by, I lived off of Stonewood Rd near Lake Ave. I went to #42 School. I walked every where as a kid around Charlotte, Greece and up toward Ridge Rd. Does anyone remember the Bakery in Northgate Plaza? They were AWESOME> I use to go to the Barnard Carnival as well as the Holy Cross Carnival/ St Anthony's Day Parade and Celebration. Remember The Old Dutch Mill restaurant near the corner of Dewey and Stone Rd? I moved to Texas in the winter of '79 and have not been back since 2002. I miss all the small town feel of the area, being in Dallas/Fort Worth so much of that doesn't exist here.
I have the BEST memories of going to the Midtown Mall with my mom, brother and sister to the Christmas displays. We would grab dinner at the old Woolworth's Cafe and stop in Sibley's to the Christmas Village and then see Santa at the Midtown Mall. I wish there were places like that to take my kids and their kids down here. You can't replace those memories.
The Dutch Mill is definitely still over there, I grew up down Stone from there and my parents still live over there. Northgate Plaza, as you may or may not know, is completely changed at this point. Tore most of it down a couple years ago and built a huge Walmart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area