Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2022, 08:51 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,103,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I think the bolded words need to be emphasized. With that said, something like this should help: https://www.redcoroc.com/article.cfm?ArticleNumber=36
What bolded words?

The link is nice, but not what I was talking about
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2022, 08:58 AM

93,412 posts, read 124,084,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
What bolded words?

The link is nice, but not what I was talking about
Oh boy...the 8 months part.

Old 08-08-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Oh boy...the 8 months part.
I believe it is a 3 year term. He has already served 22% of his term. He has had months beforehand to prepare. Surely he had ideas, before even running. He should have had something big to offer at his inaugeration. None the less, he could be out there uplifting spirits. Unfortunately, I believe that for many in the city, they see only the challenges.

Old 08-08-2022, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I believe it is a 3 year term. He has already served 22% of his term. He has had months beforehand to prepare. Surely he had ideas, before even running. He should have had something big to offer at his inaugeration. None the less, he could be out there uplifting spirits. Unfortunately, I believe that for many in the city, they see only the challenges.
Wait, Rochester has only 3 year terms for the mayor? Interesting...I think he was trying to show that other side in spite of the issues, which I believe he recognizes.

Old 08-08-2022, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Wait, Rochester has only 3 year terms for the mayor? Interesting...I think he was trying to show that other side in spite of the issues, which I believe he recognizes.
I'm sure he was, but a simple statement won't cut it after years of exposure to the issues, and feeling that their glass is half full

Old 08-08-2022, 04:38 PM

Quote:
I'm sure he was, but a simple statement won't cut it after years of exposure to the issues, and feeling that their glass is half full
Perhaps, but as you stated, he’s been on the job 8 months and is expected to turn years worth of issues around in that timeframe is a bit much. If this is still the case in year 3(or 4), then that’s when his feet could be put to the fire.

Old 08-08-2022, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Charter school opens at former Colgate divinity school site in Rochester: https://www.democratandchronicle.com...eed-Subscriber

From the article: "The hilltop campus of the former Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School will be home to another educational institution starting this fall.

Genesee Community Charter School Flour City, the newly chartered second site of a longtime charter school at the Rochester Museum and Science Center campus, will open its doors at the former divinity school, School Leader Shannon Hillman said.

The Colgate site wasn't GCCS's first choice; it would have preferred to find or build another space on the museum campus, Hillman said. But they were impressed with the layout and location of the former divinity school overlooking South Goodman Avenue.

The school has a five-year lease and expects the building to be a good fit even when it grows out to its full enrollment with grades K-6, Hillman said. It will start on the first floor of Strong Hall, the main building, and expand onto another floor in two years.

t actually couldn't have worked out any better," Hillman said, noting the close proximity of Highland Park. She called the site "possibly permanent."

The former Colgate campus is owned by developer Angelo Ingrassia, who is working on a mixed-use project to be called Vistas at Highland. The Highland Park Neighborhood Association has fought his plan, saying it would not fit the neighborhood character and cut down too many trees.

Ingrassia declined to comment on the status of his project or how GCCS fits into the vision.

GCCS Flour City is one of three new charter schools opening in September. The others are Rochester Academy of Science Charter School, at 545 Humboldt St., and Citizenship and Science Academy of Rochester, at 151 E. Henrietta Road.

Collectively, charter schools in Rochester and Greece enroll more than 7,000 students, most of them city residents."

For families interested, you can view information about area charter schools here: https://www.goodschoolsroc.org/
Another place to find out more about the charter school options in the city/county, is this good source: https://data.nysed.gov/profile.php?county=026 (after the school districts)

Old 08-11-2022, 03:56 PM

Perfect opportunity for the Rochester area to land a chip plant. There's a brand new water plant on Basket Rd., Ginna Nuke plant minutes away high power lines run along NY104. Plenty of land and skilled, educated workforce.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ho...72da3818c4db1f

Old 08-12-2022, 03:29 PM

6,463 posts, read 3,157,496 times
Quote:
Perfect opportunity for the Rochester area to land a chip plant. There's a brand new water plant on Basket Rd., Ginna Nuke plant minutes away high power lines run along NY104. Plenty of land and skilled, educated workforce.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ho...72da3818c4db1f
Indeed. I certainly hope that this project gets off the ground.

Old 08-18-2022, 06:48 AM

UR Laser Lab expanding.

https://rbj.net/2022/08/17/work-begi...m_medium=email
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area