Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 03:36 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukenj View Post
Awww Bella your killing me here!!! Is it really wrong to put people who deserve it in their place?
People who deserve it? Trust me, you didn't put anyone in there place. You can jump in where you are not wanted and try to claim my facts are false but you were not there and I was. Feel free to visit Lake Ave, just south of the business district after the church lets out and you can observe too. I never antagonized or attacked them, nor did I approach them; but seeing the Star of David hanging from my neck was enough for them to surround me.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:39 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
Just ignore him. Attack the ideas and not people is what the mods always say around here. I mean, just by posting actual factual (hey I rhymed!) statistics on here it's easy to prove his blanket statement generalizations false; and without having to resort to namecalling.
You can attack something if you believe it's false and you can attack the people who just blast an area for no good reason but mine are all true. Generalizations and blanket statements may apply in other threads but not here. Religious persecution occured and I happened to be personally singled out while walking past. Racists also claim that the holocaust didn't happen too but we classify them as idiots. I hope you don't want to be counted in that group as well.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:53 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,592,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
1.You can attack something if you believe it's false and you can attack the people who just blast an area for no good reason but mine are all true. 2.Generalizations and blanket statements may apply in other threads but not here. Religious persecution occured and I happened to be personally singled out while walking past. 3.Racists also claim that the holocaust didn't happen too but we classify them as idiots. I hope you don't want to be counted in that group as well.

1. No, no they are not all true at all and have been proven completely false (namely, that LI is just as affordable as Rochester, and that it is more diverse, both proven false by actual numbers)

2, Ok, no one is doubting that you had that negative experience and I'm sorry you went through that. But that one incident in one church in Brockport doesn't mean that the whole Rochester area is some racist antisemitic region and to suggest so is absolutely ridiculous especially considering areas like Brighton that have very large Jewish populations.

3. Really, I don't know how to even respond to that absolutely atrocious and insane insinuation. I feel that the holocaust survivors that I lived right next door to growing up (in Greece) would be extremely offended that you would say such a thing as well. And that definitely lost any credibility you ever had. I'm sorry you didn't like living in Rochester but please, if you are happy to be back on LI now, just stay there and don't feel the need to come and converse amongst us racist anti-semite, segregated Rochesterians since we are all so terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area