Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 AM

19,521 posts, read 9,543,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by voilalaura View Post
someone mentions Genny Cream Ale and your mouth waters a little bit
That was my Mom's favorite drink I've had sips every now and then. Not sure if my mouth waters any bit upon the words though Maybe Stewart's orange cream drink might do it.

Wegman's is branching out all over though. You can find them in Maryland and Virginia if you want to escape some of the colder weather up in Rochester.

I've had some fond memories living and visiting Rochester: Lilac Festival, House of Guitars, Abbott's Custard, on Lake Ave., Many 3 Dog Night concerts, Laser light shows at the Strasenburgh Planetarium, oh yeah, the Blizzard of 1966, some of my sunburns visiting Florida because I didn't know enough to get out of the sun's power rays in time .

Last edited by cat1116; 12-11-2012 at 06:37 AM.. Reason: Didn't want to leave out Abbott's :(
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 01:14 AM

810 posts, read 1,449,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
Paola's switched to food trucks instead of a restaurant. They are stationed at the public market and U of R. It's much cheaper to do the food trucks as opposed to the restaurant.
Huh. Food trucks are big business here in Durham, especially in the Mexican community. I think that they have Truck-O-Ramas downtown once in a while but I don't know how coming-event news gets distributed here. I always hear about everything after it happened.

God bless Paola, he deserves better treatment than Rochester gives him.

S

Old 12-12-2012, 09:11 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonorio View Post
Huh. Food trucks are big business here in Durham, especially in the Mexican community. I think that they have Truck-O-Ramas downtown once in a while but I don't know how coming-event news gets distributed here. I always hear about everything after it happened.

God bless Paola, he deserves better treatment than Rochester gives him.

S
It's cool that he is doing multiple food trucks(I've seen 2-3 parked in the restaurant parking lot) but the restaurant was only 1.5 miles from my house so it was nice having it close by.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:20 AM

4 posts, read 7,441 times
98 PXY!!! AND 92.5 THE BEE! ....

the dinosaur!!!

GRAPE PIE i have lived in alot fo this country and even in pennsylvania where there are vineyards... no one knew what i was talking about

and the distillery! omg i loved that place

bill grays

tom wahl's

you know you are a wegmans family when u remember the song " tops never stops saving you more... just look at the floor or something like that " we all sang as kids
someone here has to remember the tops ditty~!

durand eastman park and camp eastman( and yes i still remember our camp song and darnit if it isnt stuck in my head now!)
movies 10! ( is that even still there?)

o little fact midtown plaza was one of the first indoor shopping malls in the united states

"If you don't like the weather wait five minutes"

i miss the festivals .. canal days , lilac festival, east end fest , oktoberfest.... sigh

you know you are from rochester when too.. your ghost story is the white lady( anyone remember that stone wall in durand eastman park u can see from( i dont remember the name of the road ) but its cuts right through the park.. i remember it on the way to church always

when you wonder.. what ever happened to that fast ferry idea to toronto?

anyone remember the irondequoit mall..... man that used to be a nice mall sigh

horses on parade... are they still there?

chase pitkin!!!!

silver stadium..

u still go nuts for sports even though rochester has no major league teams

rochester rhinos

rochester red wings( somehow we sucked even in minor leagues)

ROCHESTER AMERKS I STILL MISS THOSE GAMES

do we still have a professiuonal lacrosse team?

showing how old i am but.... u remember who sally waters is

i remember at one of the laser light shows at high falls they did the legend of sam patch( he jumped high falls and niagra)

YOU LOVE SEABREEZE( i got lost when i was 5 in seabreeze somehow....
the jackrabbit was a thrill to you

one of the things i miss the most is the public transportation system .. rochester has one of the best in the country actually believe me thank you city of rochester

SIX FLAGS DARIEN LAKE! ... even though its a hour and a half away...

sonnenberg gardens in Canandaigua

mendon ponds

Canandaigua lake i remember going there to swim and seeing mini fishies

i still miss highland park

i lived north of philadelphia and a wegmans opened up in warren pa ... great day!

village gate plaza... is that still there?

Old 08-03-2013, 11:21 AM

u can get zweigles hots delivered outside rochester.... just costs a fortune in shipping....

Old 08-03-2013, 11:30 AM

don and bob's! is that still there?

when every cornerstore has awesome subs

DIBELLA'S SUBS! also wegmans subs... i miss subs man... i mean real subs not those small tiny rolls they call subs elsewhere

i miss the scent .. all the lilacs in spring nothing compares to that still thank you rochester the flower city for spoiling me

i remember movies 10 used to be like 1 .50 for a second run movie.. man i miss that

i have been all over and i still have yet to find library system like monroe county's

im 30 now and just remembering all this makes me miss rochester ... i could go on forever ....

Old 08-03-2013, 11:45 AM

i remember on food network on a special on it they featured wegmans the pittsford one it was revolutionary they said

i used to go to east ridge high school and i d walk up to irondequoit mall to play hooky during study hall and math class and i saw my mother i ducked she didnt see me

you know what monk's bread is ... and yes it is true those monks actually take a vow of silence ( field trip to factory and no didnt actually get to see bread made saw a slide show cuz they are cloistered)

i remember when saint john fisher college got to host the buffalo bills training camp

Old 08-03-2013, 02:54 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
You know who the World's tallest midget is...

Old 08-05-2013, 12:42 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,700 times
"Tops never mops; just look at their floor!"

Old 08-05-2013, 12:59 PM

270 posts, read 468,413 times
When you are not so sure whether it will snow during the Lilac festival or Mother's day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area