Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 12:38 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,757,343 times

Advertisements

As to where you should live based on race. it is more important to know type of employment you and your husband are going to be seeking.

With that knowledge, the forum members can then show you possible places to live, with regard to where people of similar race and color are present, and you would be accepted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2020, 01:00 PM

25 posts, read 17,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Asian Indians are not perceived to be dangerous by mainstream America. I'm sure you will be fine just about anywhere.

I know what you mean, but there's a part you're missing. Since 9/11, Indians get mistaken for Arabic or Muslim which, in some people's minds, equals "terrorist." I'm speaking from experience. It happens in the city to us (thankfully rare, and mostly just in airports). But this is not an uncommon experience for Indian-Americans in US and Canada. The last time we drove through Georgia, we apparently scared a couple at a rest stop just by asking them to take a photo of us in front of a monument.

Old 06-20-2020, 01:10 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
In my area not much racism. What turns locals off is people who practice their city values and expect us hicks to change

Old 06-20-2020, 01:42 PM

25 posts, read 17,549 times
I've gotten a lot of recommendations for Arizona and Ohio! I'll check those areas out!

Anyone out there living in North Carolina? Any recommendations there? I love the beauty of the land.

Old 06-20-2020, 01:48 PM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Well, all through the rural South there are black people; Texas is full of both black and Hispanic people; Oklahoma and the entire Southwest are full of Hispanics and American Indians.

Asian Indians are not commonly met with in rural America, but in a certain small town in East Texas there's a fairly prominent business that's run by Asian Indians that I know of.

I suspect you're worrying more than you need to.
I live in an area that is 60/40 White/Black. I've been here 20 years and have never even seen anyone thing or anyone who represents the KKK.
And yet the OP insists that there are areas with a strong KKK presence....

No one even looks twice at mixed marriages anymore.

Old 06-20-2020, 02:28 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
As to where you should live based on race. it is more important to know type of employment you and your husband are going to be seeking.

With that knowledge, the forum members can then show you possible places to live, with regard to where people of similar race and color are present, and you would be accepted.
This is ALWAYS STATED by a CD posters. "Are you employed?' Don't you think they have that part covered? What is it? You just can't answer the question posed with out giving people the third degree about their finances?

That WAS NOT WHAT THEY ASKED.

They asked about DIVERSITY. I know, I know, it's a bad word to some of you.

I am white and I enjoy living in a diverse city. I raised my children in a diverse exurb of NYC. It was diverse because it had a major tier one research university and medical center.
It was also very, very pricy, which is why we finally moved.

I am not sure what price range they are seeking but if homes over $750,000 and above are an option. the Three Village Area is picturesque, sophisticated, has people from all around the word, connected to the university, the medical school, the dental school, or the medical center. Many also are scientists at the nearby Brookhaven Lab.

Let me find a link. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setauk...uket,_New_York http://oldfieldny.org/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stony_Brook,_New_York

Last edited by sheena12; 06-20-2020 at 02:38 PM..

Old 06-20-2020, 02:42 PM

A few other ideas - Poquot, Belle Terre, and Port Jefferson Village.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poquott,_New_York

Old 06-20-2020, 02:46 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_Terre,_New_York

Belle Terre NY. 6% Asian.

Old 06-20-2020, 02:56 PM

Here's a house with a lot of property, that is located where I once lived.

https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/.../pid_34206864/

Old 06-20-2020, 08:14 PM

3,765 posts, read 4,098,638 times
So far two posters have recommended parts of NJ. I would expand that to the entire state of NJ. I believe there are more foreign born people there than any other state. NJ has very high property taxes, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living