Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 02:18 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,638,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamarranaz View Post
Which company is better- Comcast or Directv when it comes to bundling internet, phone, and TV?
My experience with comcast is bad
years ago they sold my account to ATT for a larger monthly payment.
I currently have them for internet. Every few months I have to spend a few hours on hold to get service working again.
Two weeks ago when I was on my three hour call someone with less than adequate English skills was trying to sell me something for $49, it sounded like she was offering me a TV for $49. I informed her I only wanted my internet working and did not want to purchase a TV.
A week later UPS delivers a large box from comcast, it was a cable box. I called comcast and they had enrolled me in a bundle. I asked how the cable box works when I do not own a TV.
The ordeal is not over, I have a bundle contract for $80 a month.

If you bundle and have any problem, remember they will shut down all services till you bend over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 06:30 AM

47 posts, read 272,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
For internet look at the dslreports.com website and read the pitiful reviews for Comcast. Also do a Google search for Comcast bandwidth limits. I think it is much better to go with a local provider with superior customer service like Sonic for internet.
Thank you for your recommendation.

just realized that post is a few years old. So did you actually have the sonic service? What service do you have today?

Old 06-03-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
My experience with comcast is bad...

If you bundle and have any problem, remember they will shut down all services till you bend over.
OMG, this is so similar to my recent experiences. I had them at my other place and yes, every few months something would require me to call them and stay on the phone for a few hours. They require you to actually stay on the phone too during this time which 90% of the time you will be on hold anyway.

Now I've recently moved and the first day I had to spend at least 3 or 4 hours on the phone with these people. They were so rude and told me the service wasn't working because my equipment was broken. I said they just gave me a new modem and they insisted it was broken and I would have to drive 40 miles to this place to get it replaced. Then before I left the next morning, I decided to check it and it worked fine since.

I called them to ensure they had my correct mailing address. They did not. I corrected this for the third time. It seems like they do this intentionally. For the first time I lost my temper with them. My service was severely degraded, and is as I type. I called last night and a person who barely spoke english answered. I hung up because she not only couldn't speak english, she had an attitude. I called back and a man in billing answered. I explained that I was unable to communicate with the other person and he yelled, "look, do you want us to help you or not?" I said, "not with that tone I don't. I'll wait and call during the daytime when people aren't so grumpy." He huffed and puffed and hung up.

I really dislike these people. Recently a man in my class was discussing the exact same treatment. I know it's not personal, but you know, I am finally mad at them. So that's why I'm ready to change.

But as I stated before, they are essentially the only game in town. Surewest sounds like a nightmare, and even though my area is supposed to be serviced by them, they said it is not. The website says it is when I plug in my house address, which was a big bonus for buying here. And ATT, is just another evil, I would fear. So that's why I'm looking at more local services. Someone here on CD recommended Sonic.

sorry so long...........

Old 06-03-2013, 09:18 AM

37 posts, read 87,123 times
I agree. I feel like Direct TV has better TV services, but you will probably get a better package deal with Comcast if you want TV, internet and phone. I'd check out the ads for specials as they run deals all the time.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post

When I went to turn in the box and cancel the service, the guy didn't ask why. I asked him'--"don't you want to know why I'm cancelling?" "Not really."

I've been very happily with Dish Network ever since.
They don't care because it seems they have more customers now than they can handle anyway. I try ti imagine being a customer care person trying to manage one angry customer after another. I guess it gets to them and pushes them over the edge. People need to not work for companies like that. I'm sure they treat those guys like crap.

Anyway, it seems Sonic only offers DSL where I am located. That's just not going to be fast enough. So now I've got to stay with Comcast. I checked out that fantastic site that reports on internet service someone mentioned earlier. It is very informative and relatively unbiased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento