Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 08:20 AM

104 posts, read 365,818 times

Advertisements

I say stay away from California period. There's a reason it's burning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 09:46 AM

325 posts, read 1,473,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaharbour View Post
Are they snotty? Ugh! Well I was stuck in trashy for awhile, so snotty might be safer anyhow! Are there any nice places comparable to roseville in west sacramento??? Remmeber the gang factor and drugs, not where I want to be!!! thank you!!!!
There are nice places in West Sac, but you will run into gangs and drugs there. Drugs will be everywhere, btw. The wealthier towns have wealthier kids who have the money to buy them. I think West Sac is also being harder hit by the sub-prime mortgage mess, though it's not like Roseville escaped it.

As for snotty, yeah, you'll probably run into some of that. Skinny you'll run into, too, as Money Magazine ranked Roseville the skinniest city in 2006. heehee

Old 10-22-2007, 01:12 PM

424 posts, read 2,697,053 times
West Sacramento became a city of its own a few years ago and has drastically improved. There are many areas in West Sac that are nice. I would check how old the building is and stay away from the older areas. Maybe someone who is more familiar with West Sacramento can provide more information.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:14 PM

19 posts, read 74,438 times
Oak Park, North Highlands, downtown south of about P street or north of around D if you're especially sensitive...

Old 10-25-2007, 11:54 AM
eri

27 posts, read 119,317 times
I have a question, i know someone said stay away from the fruitridge area. I heard someone tell me that one side of SOUTH SAC near the 99 is completely GHETTO and the other side (i'm assuming south land park area) near the 5 is safer and nicer neighborhood. And a place i found is right on fruitridge on the left. so is that part relatively safe?

Old 10-25-2007, 12:40 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,700,878 times
Anything close to fruitridge is iffy - I'd look at exactly where it is and the homes next to it before ever committing to it

Old 10-25-2007, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
Anything close to fruitridge is iffy - I'd look at exactly where it is and the homes next to it before ever committing to it
Fruitridge can be fine west of Freeport, nicer closer to I-5. Especially just north of there, it's South Land Park which is a great neighborhood.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:31 PM
eri

27 posts, read 119,317 times
yeah, if it is even 5 minutes down the street to see gangs and danger, i would rather pass..that is relatively too close for me. Thanks for the input!

Old 10-25-2007, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eri View Post
yeah, if it is even 5 minutes down the street to see gangs and danger, i would rather pass..that is relatively too close for me. Thanks for the input!
It's not five minutes to danger. South Land Park is a very nice area. As you cross under I-5 going west, you're in the "Little Pocket" which is a good area. Just south of Fruitridge from Land Park isn't as good, but it's not anything close to a dangerous area.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:25 PM

815 posts, read 2,699,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eri View Post
I have a question, i know someone said stay away from the fruitridge area. I heard someone tell me that one side of SOUTH SAC near the 99 is completely GHETTO and the other side (i'm assuming south land park area) near the 5 is safer and nicer neighborhood. And a place i found is right on fruitridge on the left. so is that part relatively safe?
I live off Fruitridge/Seamas Avenue and South Land Park Drive. The neighborhood is established and is considered a middle to upper middle class area but certainly not as nice as upper Land Park. The problem with my neighborhood is that its really a borderline area. The further north you go, even by a few blocks, the area is noticeably nicer. The further south and east you go, its crapola-ville. The corner of Fruitridge and Freeport is about a mile and a half from my house and we refer to all the businesses around there as, "Ghetto Carl's Jr., Ghetto Walgreens, and Ghetto Wells Fargo Bank", etc. There are a plethora of somewhat sketchy apartment complexes nearby that bread human trash and really degrade the neighborhood even more.

Last edited by cityx; 10-25-2007 at 09:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento