Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2023, 10:23 AM

3,475 posts, read 5,269,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Hey TS, thanks for the post.

How has the marine layer been in July, should be alot less in August? How about any monsoonal intrusion from the south west, any humid days? We have not been to SD in ages; its time for a visit sooner than later my Uncle is getting really old and I need to visit him.
Hey Chim, July was actually not that bad! I think the first week was still kind of disappointing, then we had a sudden turnaround and haven't had pervasive Marine layer since. You might occasionally wake up to a little bit that burns off at sunrise, and lately, we've had none at all where we live. We've started getting monsoonal intrusion recently, in fact, yesterday was pretty much overcast and even had a few raindrops but not even enough to wet the pavement. Mostly, it's just been the higher humidity, today it's clear again, and the nice thing is that it hasn't been terribly hot despite the air flow. It's been sort of mixing with the coastal air. I would say we've had maybe 5 days where we've broken 90° where we live, and that would be in the low 90s. Most of our days are around 86 or so, which is actually average for us. We've been walking around at night lately, going to Balboa park, Little Italy, Pacific Beach, and the night time has been absolutely incredible, as it seems to nestle into about 74 to 75° around 9:00 or 10:00 p.m. Only right on the beach did it feel a little cooler with a coastal breeze, but even that felt really nice when you're walking. Really, it's been the most lovely past month, it's everything summer should be.
It does look like we will have some mild days and even cool nights coming up. I see several days in the low 80s and lows around 57, which will be nice for different reasons. Downtown pretty much never dips below the upper 60s this time of year though. If you haven't been in a while, it seems flights on Southwest have been extremely cheap recently. Well worth a hop down here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2023, 10:45 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,572,378 times
I am welcome the cooler temps this week since recovering from an injury and cannot swim right now.

Old 08-03-2023, 07:28 AM

6,913 posts, read 8,287,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
I am welcome the cooler temps this week since recovering from an injury and cannot swim right now.
Dang, hope you feel better brother, stay chill.

Sacramento Weather:
For several days, it's been in the mid 80's, low humidity, perfect, so I've been told, as I am not there now

Lows in the mid 50's

Old 08-03-2023, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
Hey Chim, July was actually not that bad! I think the first week was still kind of disappointing, then we had a sudden turnaround and haven't had pervasive Marine layer since. You might occasionally wake up to a little bit that burns off at sunrise, and lately, we've had none at all where we live. We've started getting monsoonal intrusion recently, in fact, yesterday was pretty much overcast and even had a few raindrops but not even enough to wet the pavement. Mostly, it's just been the higher humidity, today it's clear again, and the nice thing is that it hasn't been terribly hot despite the air flow. It's been sort of mixing with the coastal air. I would say we've had maybe 5 days where we've broken 90° where we live, and that would be in the low 90s. Most of our days are around 86 or so, which is actually average for us. We've been walking around at night lately, going to Balboa park, Little Italy, Pacific Beach, and the night time has been absolutely incredible, as it seems to nestle into about 74 to 75° around 9:00 or 10:00 p.m. Only right on the beach did it feel a little cooler with a coastal breeze, but even that felt really nice when you're walking. Really, it's been the most lovely past month, it's everything summer should be.
It does look like we will have some mild days and even cool nights coming up. I see several days in the low 80s and lows around 57, which will be nice for different reasons. Downtown pretty much never dips below the upper 60s this time of year though. If you haven't been in a while, it seems flights on Southwest have been extremely cheap recently. Well worth a hop down here.
Legit, For Real...thanks for the detailed weather descriptions!

I have plenty of Southwest points to use

Old 08-04-2023, 09:43 AM

3,475 posts, read 5,269,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Legit, For Real...thanks for the detailed weather descriptions!

I have plenty of Southwest points to use
Funny enough, the day after I posted that, we were totally fogged in all morning! And now we've had Marine layer every morning since, but it's been burning off quickly at our house. We had low 80s and a nice breeze yesterday as well, we were downtown in the afternoon, and it was about 77 with a great breeze and much lower humidity than before. So for now, that monsoon event was short-lived

Old 08-05-2023, 04:12 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,572,378 times
We had a few hot days but way cooler than last few years! I don't mind can do walks and home gym workouts.

Old 08-06-2023, 08:17 PM

127 posts, read 209,322 times
The weather is great, almost perfect.

Old 08-08-2023, 12:51 AM

July 2023 - Sacramento

High Temps:
How Many Days of:

70's = 1 day
80's = 5 days

Low 90's = 13 days

High 90's = 3 days

100's = 9 days, only 6 if you factor in heat index

Old 08-08-2023, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
We had a few hot days but way cooler than last few years! I don't mind can do walks and home gym workouts.
Mix,
Did you recover yet?

Old 08-08-2023, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
Funny enough, the day after I posted that, we were totally fogged in all morning! And now we've had Marine layer every morning since, but it's been burning off quickly at our house. We had low 80s and a nice breeze yesterday as well, we were downtown in the afternoon, and it was about 77 with a great breeze and much lower humidity than before. So for now, that monsoon event was short-lived
Good to go, I haven't been in Sac for awhile, so I don't know if there was any monsoonal overflow, I'll check with my peeps back home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento