Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2007, 08:25 AM

599 posts, read 1,652,557 times

Advertisements

We have lived in the Folsom area now for about 8 years and have had it. Too many snobs, etc. I can go on and on to be honest which isn't what my post is about.

Ayways, we are thinking of either moving to the rescue/shingle springs/placerville area or east sac. I know, big difference but both areas really appeal to us. We only hae 1 child who is 2 but schools will be the most importat decision in buying a home. I know Buckeye is a great school district from what I know and heard but which schools within the buckeye district are good?

I really don't know anything about east sac schools. My husband and I were hoping to send her to a catholic school but the ones in Folsom and ELDH got mixed reviews from friends of ours. I heard that there are some good ones in Sac. Our budget in buying a home wouldn't be more than 500,000.

Also, crime is a factor too. East Sac will of course have more but we are looking for a quaity life which will give us good schools, activities and nice people.

I am not asking too much, am I? LOL.

Any input would be so appreciated.

Thanks,
Mossy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 08:34 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,697,727 times
okay so when you mean East Sac - you don't actually mean East Sac - you mean the cities to the EAST side of Sac right? LIke FOlsom and El Dorado Hills

I was confused there for a second

Old 11-16-2007, 08:37 AM

Eas Sac for us is-fab 40's area, Mckinley Park and such.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:24 AM

OHHH then I wasn't confused! That is East Sac - and where i used to live! I loved it there!

There is a really good (I'll look for the name or Website) of a CAtholic School in Midtown (I think it's over by Sutter's Fort)

PLUS - if you like private schools - there is Country Day (which if I could afford would send my son to ASAP) and Waldorf...both wonderful schools

Country Day is in the American River Park part of Sac - nearer Sac State. But there is also Jesuit High, which is a lovely high school.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:51 AM

That would be great city girl if you can find that Catholic school. I will look as well but it will be hard since I don't know the area. I bet if you go to the Diocese of Sacramento you will find all catholic schools listed and then you can let me know which one. Thanks.

Mossy

Old 11-16-2007, 10:52 AM

Where is Country Day and Waldorf?

Old 11-16-2007, 11:18 AM

SCDS Home

Welcome to the Sacramento Waldorf School!

Old 11-16-2007, 11:52 AM

325 posts, read 1,472,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
That would be great city girl if you can find that Catholic school. I will look as well but it will be hard since I don't know the area. I bet if you go to the Diocese of Sacramento you will find all catholic schools listed and then you can let me know which one. Thanks.

Mossy
East Sac is a great area in which to raise a family and there are great private schools around.

Sacred Heart is a great Catholic school in East Sac, I have a number of friends who went there. Holy Spirit in Land Park is also good. From what I understand, though, they are tough to get into. One of my good friends whose whole family went to Sacred Heart, who's family grew up here and is very active in Sacred Heart couldn't get her kids in the school. With Holy Spirit, you definitely have to get involved and it's still tough to get into.

If you go this route, start going to as many Catholic school activities and fundraisers that you can to show that you support their community and efforts.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:06 PM

Here's a good link for close by Catholic (and other) schools near East Sac.

At least it's a good place to start

Sacramento Midtown, Downtown and Old Sac Community Resources- Public and Private Schools

Old 11-17-2007, 10:22 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,378,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
We have lived in the Folsom area now for about 8 years and have had it. Too many snobs, etc. I can go on and on to be honest which isn't what my post is about.

Ayways, we are thinking of either moving to the rescue/shingle springs/placerville area or east sac. I know, big difference but both areas really appeal to us. We only hae 1 child who is 2 but schools will be the most importat decision in buying a home. I know Buckeye is a great school district from what I know and heard but which schools within the buckeye district are good?

I really don't know anything about east sac schools. My husband and I were hoping to send her to a catholic school but the ones in Folsom and ELDH got mixed reviews from friends of ours. I heard that there are some good ones in Sac. Our budget in buying a home wouldn't be more than 500,000.

Also, crime is a factor too. East Sac will of course have more but we are looking for a quaity life which will give us good schools, activities and nice people.

I am not asking too much, am I? LOL.

Any input would be so appreciated.

Thanks,
Mossy
My wife grew up in East Sac, but we live near Placerville now. If your employment is anywhere near downtown, East Sac will increase your quality of life by decreasing your commute. More time to participate in after school activities with your daughter. Any commute from Placerville is getting miserable on Highway 50.

If you are thinking fab 40's or McKinley Park, you are not going to get much house for $500K. It depends on what your housing needs are, and I might be wrong if you can get one nearing foreclosure in today's market.

We have no children, but prefer Placerville to East Sac for the privacy and rural atmosphere. Another big reason for Placerville or Rescue is the ability to have animals. People in East Sac frown on keeping horses in your yard.
Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento