Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 04:42 PM

5 posts, read 15,641 times

Advertisements

I am a Chinese immigrant. I recently opened a professional massage parlors in ELK GROVE, but I do not know where to advertise the business will have an effect. If anyone can give me good advice, I would appreciate it.
I want to know the local Americans like where to get coupons. How can the business is doing well, I need your advice, thank you!
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 07:18 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,260,933 times
Advertise in the back of sacramento news and review with all of the other rub n tugs.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:28 PM

thank u
i will try

Old 12-11-2013, 10:36 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,651,638 times
Sac News and Review does have ample advertising space, but as you may guessed, some seem to be veiled sexual in nature. I'm assuming that's NOT the type of massage parlor you're operating? If you do look in to ads in the news and review, make sure you're not in the "adult services" section. Unless you want to be--in which case, more power to you. They do claim to check your city credentials, so you'll want to be licensed.

Better than that though, a guaranteed way to get some business is with a Groupon deal. I bought my fiance a Groupon deal for a few massages and the masseuse had such a huge response that she had to extend the expiration date because she was booked solid for several months. You won't make much money--people expect a good deal, and Groupon takes a pretty fat cut, but you'll stay busy and hopefully get some return customers.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:09 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,839,087 times
I would never go to a business entitled "Massage parlor" as it has a sexual connotation. I've also visited plenty of medical offices (for work) that could double for a "massage parlor". I would not advertise or name your business in that manner unless it is your intention to provide that service. check the advertising for successful franchises such as Massage Envy or Massage Heights or some of the independent business in Elk Grove. Do something like that.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:25 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,799,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Advertise in the back of sacramento news and review with all of the other rub n tugs.
PLEASE do not advertise in the "Sacramento News And Review". Not only are the politics of it nauseating, but also the clientele you attract from it will expect you to "service" them, if you know what I mean and I think you do.

If you offer legitimate therapeutical massage, DO NOT ADVERTISE in the SN&R. Advertise somewhere legitimate.

Unless of course, you *are* offering such "services", in which case, carry on....

Actually, even then, you are better off advertising in other adult publications. Avoid the Soviet News and Review, period.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:43 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,739,463 times
The News & Review is where ALL normal people in Sac go for info. Ignore the double-posting fool who apparently still believes in a "Soviet" threat. Get in touch with the local Small Business Development Center on 1410 Ethan Way, near Cal Expo. Their phone is 916-563-3210. They have orientations and workshops for folks who are starting small businesses. Some folks who don't have the self-direction or ambition to start a business are jealous of those who do. Just ignore them. Good luck!

Old 12-12-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
The News & Review is where ALL normal people in Sac go for info. Ignore the double-posting fool who apparently still believes in a "Soviet" threat.
Businesses advertising in such an anti-business, leftover communist paper, is like "J-Date" or something for Jews advertising on a neo-nazi or radical muslim website.

Any business who does advertise there either (1) doesn't know better or (2) is advertising medicinal marijuana, strip clubs, "exotic dancers" or something for the readers who just want "risque' business".

Putting politics aside, legitimate massage workers DO NOT advertise in the News and Reivew. It is where the borderline prostitution services are.

As Majin put it, "rub-n-tug". Unless, of course, yoyodv's business is that sort of thing, in which case, she can disregard everything I just stated.

Last edited by NickB1967; 12-12-2013 at 10:58 AM..

Old 12-12-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuns View Post
Better than that though, a guaranteed way to get some business is with a Groupon deal. I bought my fiance a Groupon deal for a few massages and the masseuse had such a huge response that she had to extend the expiration date because she was booked solid for several months. You won't make much money--people expect a good deal, and Groupon takes a pretty fat cut, but you'll stay busy and hopefully get some return customers.
THIS. Groupon is a great way to start.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:13 PM

Thank you for so many people care about, thank you.
This is my professional reflexology and body massage, not erotic massage, is a legitimate law-abiding businesses. So you mean sacramento news and review is not a good way of advertising? Thank you for the reminder! ~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento