Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2008, 07:49 PM

14 posts, read 60,809 times

Advertisements

Any one have some thoughts or experiences on current builder incentives in East Roseville or Rocklin? As far as I know the only current builders of new homes there are in Whitney Ranch (multiple builders) and Stoneridge (Elliott Homes). We're looking at the 400-700 range. Was wondering if it's... let's say... listed for $700,000 on the web site for a "quick move-in," how much lower to expect on an accepted offer.

Thanks for any input!

Sal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 07:47 PM

Default Anybody?

Somebody has to have some experiences with Rocklin new home builders!!!??? How about builders in Lincoln and other parts of Roseville??? There might be some similarities w/ builder's incentives.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:38 PM

9 posts, read 40,333 times
We scouted the East Roseville area pretty thoroughly in Nov/December. Elliott homes, at the time, had reduced their close out homes by $75,000 even though this price change was not shown on their website. The sales person told us to ignore even the discounted price and make an offer and they would consider it. If you are interested in a house I would suggest just making a reasonable offer, mid 500k would probably be appropriate as the houses left only had mediocre fixtures and if you haven't noticed tons of traffic noise from the freeway.

We finally settled on West Roseville. Incentives were good, seems to be a quieter location for now and we have kids so the new schools were a big plus.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:02 PM

238 posts, read 1,316,436 times
JRKRL, where are you in West Roseville?

Old 02-04-2008, 02:07 PM

We are in Fiddyment Farms, specifically in Morrison Homes. We have had a bit of delay with the purchase but the house is finished and we are going to be moving in by the end of February

Old 02-04-2008, 02:26 PM

238 posts, read 1,316,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRKRL View Post
We are in Fiddyment Farms, specifically in Morrison Homes. We have had a bit of delay with the purchase but the house is finished and we are going to be moving in by the end of February
Ah OK. We're a few blocks south of you in Westpark. We walk over to that play park in Fiddyment with the kids occasionally. (There's a big park that's going to be built across the street from us, adjacent to Junction Elementary, but construction hasn't begun yet.)

Coincidentally, the inlaws were over this weekend (they're from NYC) and they walked over to look at the Morrison Homes in Fiddyment. They liked it a lot.

Good luck with the move!

Sorry for the threadjack sal.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:11 PM

No problem Quasi.

JRKL...that's good to know. You also mentioned freeway noise near those Elliott homes. I haven't actually set foot in that area of East Roseville yet. I'll have to listen up for it when we're out there. That could be why their remaining inventory hasn't dwindled much in the months I've been scanning. Wife and I aren't actually out there yet, but we've got a house hunting trip in a couple weeks, so i'm pegged to this board daily. We're on a time crunch to decide on a location and a house. I've narrowed it down to Roseville, Rocklin, or maybe the Twelve Bridges part of Lincoln. Congrats on the house there at Fiddyment. I'd consider that area, but it the local shopping scene hasn't quite caught up with the home developments from what i've heard anyway.
Cheers

Old 02-04-2008, 07:36 PM

The freeway noise is pretty bad, if you notice when you tour some of these homes they will either have background noise in the house such as soft music or in the non-new homes they may even have waterfalls in the backyard running to help drowned out the noise. They are beautiful homes but we prefer to be outside a lot.

It is true, there isn't any 'local' shopping as of yet in the Fiddyment farms/west park area but Roseville itself has an abundance of shopping and probably 15 minutes or less away depending on time of day. For us we live in sacramento now and drive to Roseville for most of our shopping.

Good Luck with the house hunting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento