Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 09:01 PM

142 posts, read 534,933 times

Advertisements

You have people in the same gangs selling meth and running prostitutes in rings that go throughout California. The rotate the hookers through different cities to avoid getting caught and accumulating too many arrests in any one city and keep the hookers dependent upon the pimps but this stuff was suprisingly well organized. They move them from Oakland, to Sacramento, to Stockton, to Fresno, to Inglewood and Van Nuys and then up to Seattle and Tacoma with bribes paid to the local gangs to avoid turf wars.

Fortunately, if it is possible to avoid living in the areas where that stuff is happening.

Online feature - Crimemapper - sacbee.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 09:22 PM

302 posts, read 864,100 times
I guess Sacramento is scary, compared to some places (and tamer than others). Oak Park is scary; don't dare go in there at night. They're actually doing drug deals during the day and I just saw Oak Park Sacramento show up on Forensic Files (A & E).

I personally have an alarm system for my house and live in one of the better neighborhoods. I don't know if I need it, but it gives me peace of mind. The areas near me that used to be new, beautiful neighborhoods ten years ago are hella ghetto now. Gang activity seems to be heavy (according to my law enforcement friends). I supposed I've lived in safer places.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:10 AM

11 posts, read 67,446 times
Default Sac aint even close to scary

Ive been to a lot of cities searching out the scary parts, and Sac is a walk in the park as they say. Havent seen anything here yet to be scared of except the drunk drivers, but you got that everywhere.
That supervisor strikes me of someone that doesnt get out much, and when he does it's probably just down to the liquor store and right back to his couch where he feels safe. People that use that exact line are usually inwardly timid and often exhibit outward signs of bravado to cover it. Put them in a bad situation and they cave big time.
You have to evaluate the source of any information before giving it weight. Dont let ******* tell ya how the world is, go out and experience it for yourself and form your own opinion.
Go checkout Oakland on a Saturday night if you wanna see some character.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:56 PM

302 posts, read 864,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long's Window Cleaning View Post
Ive been to a lot of cities searching out the scary parts, and Sac is a walk in the park as they say. Havent seen anything here yet to be scared of except the drunk drivers, but you got that everywhere.
That supervisor strikes me of someone that doesnt get out much, and when he does it's probably just down to the liquor store and right back to his couch where he feels safe. People that use that exact line are usually inwardly timid and often exhibit outward signs of bravado to cover it. Put them in a bad situation and they cave big time.
You have to evaluate the source of any information before giving it weight. Dont let ******* tell ya how the world is, go out and experience it for yourself and form your own opinion.
Go checkout Oakland on a Saturday night if you wanna see some character.
Oh definately, I don't envy anyone in Oakland. One night driving back from San Francisco we stopped at a gas station kiosk in Oakland and the window that separated us from the cashier was like 6" bulletproof glass. I guess they gotta do what they gotta do...

But you have to admit Oak Park (by itself) isn't the greatest place ever.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:01 PM

745 posts, read 1,568,197 times
I lived in Sacto for 12 years and never felt afraid. I was a middle aged woman who lived alone part of that time. Again, never felt afraid. Went to movies at the Crest theater downtown at night, shopped at the downtown mall. Never felt afraid. I lived about 3.5 miles from the capitol. My life centered around downtown and midtown. I enjoyed Sacramento very much and did not think it was scary. I also don't consider it a big city, but then, I am from Southern CA. To me, Sacramento was a very livable little city.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:49 AM

34 posts, read 55,947 times
Sacramento is very very scary. Please don't come here and add to our burgeoning guilt for the continuing deaths and crime, particularly against newcomers. Statistics indicate your are likely doomed to a horrible, painful, and humiliating death, but I'm glad you brought this up so we finally have a chance to reveal to the world the real nature of this matter. So many people have died and been horribly abused in Sacramento, but the world apparently continues to believe the US is experiencing national level problems. In fact, only Sacramento has problems. To give you an example, I'm lying in bed with my girlfriend as I type this and we're currently shouting in fear. Screaming at the top of our lungs. We will eventually cry ourselves to sleep, of course but, in the morning, still shaking in fear, we must arise, peek through the blinds, and run to the shower, IF IT'S SAFE TO GO IN THE SHOWER ONLY. We dress in a darkened room, windows duct-taped, light bulbs removed, baseball bats at the ready. Dressing is followed by a serpentine dash for our cars. We speed to work, eyes bugged in terror, heads swiveling rapidly to take in all potential threats and, if we're fortunate, we are not killed by marauding narco-terrorists, or caught in a police crossfire, during the commute. So many have died in just this way. We arrive at work, out of breath, exhausted, eyes sunken from lack of sleep, and must face 8-10 hrs of work from such a starting point. This is our "life" in Sacramento.

But why ask here? Just pick up any paper. It will tell you "What could be more dangerous than being in Sacramento?". The answer, each and every time: "nothing could be more dangerous". This dangerous dangerous city, strewn with corpses and the permanently disfigured, stumbling into the freeways and shooting their handguns in the parks, blind with despair, hunger, and rage, are only the tip of a horrible iceberg of threats, dismemberment, and death. Do not come to Sacramento. If you are in Sacramento, leave Sacramento...before it's too late! I have to go now.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:50 AM

433 posts, read 1,619,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.humboldt View Post
Sacramento is very very scary. Please don't come here and add to our burgeoning guilt for the continuing deaths and crime, particularly against newcomers. Statistics indicate your are likely doomed to a horrible, painful, and humiliating death, but I'm glad you brought this up so we finally have a chance to reveal to the world the real nature of this matter. So many people have died and been horribly abused in Sacramento, but the world apparently continues to believe the US is experiencing national level problems. In fact, only Sacramento has problems. To give you an example, I'm lying in bed with my girlfriend as I type this and we're currently shouting in fear. Screaming at the top of our lungs. We will eventually cry ourselves to sleep, of course but, in the morning, still shaking in fear, we must arise, peek through the blinds, and run to the shower, IF IT'S SAFE TO GO IN THE SHOWER ONLY. We dress in a darkened room, windows duct-taped, light bulbs removed, baseball bats at the ready. Dressing is followed by a serpentine dash for our cars. We speed to work, eyes bugged in terror, heads swiveling rapidly to take in all potential threats and, if we're fortunate, we are not killed by marauding narco-terrorists, or caught in a police crossfire, during the commute. So many have died in just this way. We arrive at work, out of breath, exhausted, eyes sunken from lack of sleep, and must face 8-10 hrs of work from such a starting point. This is our "life" in Sacramento.

But why ask here? Just pick up any paper. It will tell you "What could be more dangerous than being in Sacramento?". The answer, each and every time: "nothing could be more dangerous". This dangerous dangerous city, strewn with corpses and the permanently disfigured, stumbling into the freeways and shooting their handguns in the parks, blind with despair, hunger, and rage, are only the tip of a horrible iceberg of threats, dismemberment, and death. Do not come to Sacramento. If you are in Sacramento, leave Sacramento...before it's too late! I have to go now.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:54 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,290,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screw Sacramento View Post
Oh definately, I don't envy anyone in Oakland. One night driving back from San Francisco we stopped at a gas station kiosk in Oakland and the window that separated us from the cashier was like 6" bulletproof glass. I guess they gotta do what they gotta do...

But you have to admit Oak Park (by itself) isn't the greatest place ever.
Yes because the entire city of Oakland is Bad. What a joke.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:02 PM

433 posts, read 1,619,184 times
No this is the view.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/Shizzysixd6/44420857.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-22-2009, 10:49 PM

815 posts, read 2,699,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shope View Post
No this is the view.
MOD CUT
Comparing Oakland to Oakland Hills is like comparing apples to oranges. You probably couldn't afford a one bedroom apartment in Oakland Hills even if you tried.

Last edited by NewToCA; 09-23-2009 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: don't be rude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento