Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should I live in a CADA project apartment?
Yes! Support urban development in Sac-To. 1 20.00%
Yes. They are cheap and pretty nice. 0 0%
Maybe. There is public transportation but the area is dead at night. 1 20.00%
No. There are better parts of Sac-to to live. 2 40.00%
No! The location is scary. 1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:11 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,703,067 times

Advertisements

Yes they are govt owned - so they do have optionos for Section 8

They are not usually the greatest apartments either - I always thought they looked a bit run down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 11:31 AM

19 posts, read 109,257 times
There is a website cadanet.org.
From what I understand, it relates to an urban redevelopment project created by the government in Sacramento that emphasizes living in urban neighborhood settings where one can walk to (or easily get to) work, home and places to play. I love the idea of this and would like to support the project.
Most of the apartments available are "normal" apartments and only a few (or more?) have been set aside for low income people.
Not to be un-PC, but this was my concern: the number of low-income people living in the units and the type of environment it created.
But my apartment search has uncovered the fact that ALL of Sacto apartments have a low-income requirement even the fancier ones like 1801 L and the Fremont Building so this may be a moot point. . .
In addition to this concern, I was worried about how the government ran the apartments. It is very rare that the government is a landlord outside of HUD situations. . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento