Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:42 AM

2 posts, read 6,455 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am a long time lurker, and a first time poster. I have found this forum to be immensely helpful.

We are looking at properties to call our home in Rocklin or Folsom/El Dorado Hills area. I would appreciate if any of you could provide feedback on the neighborhood this attached map shows (this is an area in Rocklin, close to the railway station). Is this area considered fairly safe? Are there everyday businesses/shopping nearby? Is this a friendly community?

I am particularly interested in Farron and 3rd street corner, there seems to be new houses with quite reasonable prices. All in all any feedback surrounding the Rocklin rail station would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Attached Thumbnails
Rocklin area - neighborhood feedback-map.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 11:24 AM

15 posts, read 67,713 times
This is the older part of Rocklin. So the houses are small and older. There are some very nice ones and the neighborhood is not very bad. If you follow pacific north on your map, there are some houses before loomis that have fallen a lot in price.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:44 AM

2 posts, read 6,455 times
Hi Chris,

Thank you for the help. Would you consider this a safe area, the area adjacent to Johnson-Springview Park?

Regards,

Old 05-29-2010, 08:43 AM

261 posts, read 1,351,291 times
I think everyone has a different definition of safe. To me it would be safe, but there are some dated apartments nearby and a loud train track. My family just moved from Bolton Way off of 3rd and there are a ton of short sales and foreclosures over there. Probably why it's such a great deal. That park is big and nice in my opinion. There is quite a bit of traffic and the houses are packed in pretty tight. You probably don't want to let your kid ride his/her bike around alone, but maybe it's OK. It's still Rocklin, meaning it's still a great city with everything you need close by.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:48 PM

527 posts, read 1,324,396 times
haha.. this is my neighborhood. There is a foreclosed home right on the corner of third/farron. The area is relatively safe. I go running all the time late at night between 10-11 and there's rarely anyone out and I never have anyone harass me. Besides the only people that really drive through there late are the police anyway. I go to the park all the time and its really busy with baseball league, library and community center. The trains do sound the horn several times going by but I don't mind it. The station I believe has an amtrak come around I wanna say between 7 and 8, not 100%. Its fairly new and is quite nice too. And yes there are plenty of businesses in the city and close by. If you look on a map, close to I-80 is where the main shopping center of older rocklin is located. But, the newer side of rocklin which is a 3-5 minute drive from where you're asking about has alot more businesses as it is connected to Roseville's expanded retail area near HWY 65. Any other questions I'd be happy to answer I've been there a long time.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:45 AM
lgt

469 posts, read 1,342,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob98LS1 View Post
The area is relatively safe. I go running all the time late at night between 10-11 and there's rarely anyone out and I never have anyone harass me. Besides the only people that really drive through there late are the police anyway. I go to the park all the time and its really busy with baseball league, library and community center. The trains do sound the horn several times going by but I don't mind it. The station I believe has an amtrak come around I wanna say between 7 and 8, not 100%. Its fairly new and is quite nice too. And yes there are plenty of businesses in the city and close by. If you look on a map, close to I-80 is where the main shopping center of older rocklin is located. But, the newer side of rocklin which is a 3-5 minute drive from where you're asking about has alot more businesses as it is connected to Roseville's expanded retail area near HWY 65. Any other questions I'd be happy to answer I've been there a long time.
+1

I've lived in or around Rocklin for almost 30 years and have always considered all areas of Rocklin to be safe. That area is a very short walk to the park, community center, and library. It's only about 5-10 minutes to plenty of shopping and dining. There is also a middle school is only a few blocks away.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:24 AM

Yes i agree, it is hard to find an area of rocklin that is not safe. The middle school gets traffic during the mornings and afternoons but that is easy to go around. Johnson Springview Park has a lot to offer and there is even a library next door. There is a 2 bedroom apartment for rent right now on 2nd street in that area

Old 06-01-2010, 11:53 AM

405 posts, read 1,346,192 times
Ah... Rob... long time no see here. Nice that you're still around. We're also now leaning more towards Rocklin than EDH. Whitney Oaks is one area and we're also looking near the area of Park and Wyckford Blvd.

Any other areas you'd recommend? Schools are important, though I know that's not a problem here, and spending $350k- $400k. Thanks!

Old 06-01-2010, 12:49 PM

The area near Highland Park Drive is good. I would recommend all schools in Rocklin K-12. If you are looking for a house I could recommend a good broker to use

Old 06-01-2010, 12:56 PM

405 posts, read 1,346,192 times
Thanks, Chris. Since you're an agent, can you tell me if there is more inventory coming? Rocklin and EDH seem to be loaded with short sales. What does your crystal ball tell you for the next 30-60 days? I have an agent already but appreciate the offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento