Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 07:33 PM

3 posts, read 5,029 times

Advertisements

Can anyone please tell me about Woods Cross or Bountiful area's or any of the surrounding area's? What are the neighborhoods like? How much snow do these area's actually get? In the winter, how cold does it get? What is the traffic like? Thanks...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 08:16 AM

3 posts, read 7,867 times
If you want less snow Woods Cross or Foxboro in North Salt Lake might be a better option. The higher up the hill you go the more snow but you have no Northbound I15 access in NSL or Weber water and you have to be careful about the water table in Woods Cross. Bountiful has the stores and is considered the nicest of the three. I have lived in all of them and prefer Bountiful. The weather is pretty much the same in all three.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:42 AM

50 posts, read 177,522 times
The winters can get pretty cold but usually only for a short time. Worse than the cold, and with the cold comes the inversion that streaches all along the valley. The higher you go the more snow but less inversion. There are some areas that, in my opinion, are more desirable than either Bountiful or Woods Cross but if you have narrowed it down to those two Bountiful is the hub and might have more of what you are looking for.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:39 AM

1,294 posts, read 3,254,386 times
I live in Bountiful (just north of Woodscross/NSL) and I am from FL. It does get cold but not super cold and not for a long time. I think it was colder and we had more snow in PA where I grew up.

There are some nice places in those towns, but there are also some real dives and industrial complexes. Good luck!

Old 08-30-2010, 11:54 AM

25,738 posts, read 18,809,520 times
"Super cold" is a subjective term. For my aunt in Louisiana, super cold is 45 degrees.

Winter high temps are generally in the 30's. Winter night time low temps are generally in the teens or 20's. It varies--sometimes a bit colder, sometimes a bit warmer--but that is what you are looking at for typical winter temps.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:59 AM

1,294 posts, read 3,254,386 times
I was trying to create a quantitative method of "super cold" by stating I was from Florida. But yeah, the day time lows aren't that bad. If your expecting lows in the 50s in the winter, try St George.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:09 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
I moved here from Miss. and before that, New Orleans. I have felt colder in the South with high humidity than I have ever felt here, with low humidity. It is all subjective.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:02 PM

264 posts, read 907,763 times
I was going to ask about the weather as well, I live in North Carolina and visited Utah two weeks ago and was really surprised how nice 94 degrees was. I could run and be active with no problem. Is the winter really dry as well and are people just as active in the winter ?

Old 08-30-2010, 02:15 PM

25,738 posts, read 18,809,520 times
I can only speak for myself, but I'm more active in the winter since I don't tolerate the heat so well (get very sluggish and lose a lot of water). I jog pretty much daily, except for perhaps the hottest part of the summer. I typically jog in the mornings and last winter, the "average" temp for my jog was in the 20's. The coldest part of the winter, my jog was a balmy 16 degrees average (this was for a couple of weeks around new years), which honestly, is about perfect for me. That's when it seems like I could jog on and on forever. I love jogging in the snow. Plus, I ski, of course (who doesn't in Utah?). Sometimes winter hike. So, yes, you can be just as active in the winter. Only the wimps fold up in the winter...

Old 08-30-2010, 02:28 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerguy45 View Post
I was going to ask about the weather as well, I live in North Carolina and visited Utah two weeks ago and was really surprised how nice 94 degrees was. I could run and be active with no problem. Is the winter really dry as well and are people just as active in the winter ?
The dry air does do wonders. If it is sunny, not windy and in the 30's I can go for a walk or a bike ride with no problem, I usually don't even wear a jacket if I am just going out in the sun for a short time. You don't feel that bone chill like you do when it is a humid cold.
As far as being active in the winter, my kids are, they still want to go out rain, sleet or snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area