Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2007, 12:56 PM

4 posts, read 15,273 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me what the job market is for Medical billing/audits/accounting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 03:02 PM

2,160 posts, read 7,516,820 times
There is a large number of both big and small medical facilities from Layton to Ogden. I have a friend who works in a massive medical billing center in Ogden. If you are interested I can put you in contact with her. PM me if you are interested. Thanks!! Best of luck on your move...I live in Layton and it is a wonderful place to live!!

Old 09-19-2007, 04:05 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,501,901 times
I don't know about the job market right now, but I have lived in Layton for a long time. I'd be happy to try and answer any other questions you might have!

Old 10-02-2007, 07:07 PM

8 posts, read 42,413 times
Default Layton area

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
I don't know about the job market right now, but I have lived in Layton for a long time. I'd be happy to try and answer any other questions you might have!
Hello Dojilynn,

I realize Hill AFB is a major employer for the Layton and surrounding area, but are there other major employers and/or industries, as well?

Thanks!

Dan

Old 10-02-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldoglvr View Post
Hello Dojilynn,

I realize Hill AFB is a major employer for the Layton and surrounding area, but are there other major employers and/or industries, as well?

Thanks!

Dan
Hill is probably the biggest. There is also the Freeport Center in Clearfield, which has various companies represented there. I'm not sure of the details of what types of work would go on there. There are many small companies located in Layton, but many of the large employers would be located in Salt Lake City. SLC is about 25-30 miles south.

As for your original question, Davis Hospital and Medical Center is located in Layton. They are expanding and remodeling right now. It is a good sized hospital, with a ton of little clinics right around it. Tanner Clinic is across the street from the hospital and they are huge, as far as a clinic is concerened. I'm sure there would be something available in the medical billing field there. If not, there is Ogden Regional Medical Center that is in South Ogden (about 15 minutes north), and McKay Dee Hospital in Ogden (15-20 minutes north). Ogden Regional is the smallest of the three hospitals and McKay is the biggest. They just built a brand new building about 5-6 years ago.

I hope that information is helpful...let me know if you have any other questions!

Old 11-07-2007, 11:29 AM

132 posts, read 687,652 times
Post link...

And this place is HUGE, too. It's by the I-15 & Antelope Dr. area.

Intermountain Layton Clinic - Home

It sounds like a lot of docs use billing departments or outside billing companies. So, not sure where they're all located.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:39 AM

Default Hil AFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
Hill is probably the biggest. There is also the Freeport Center in Clearfield, which has various companies represented there. I'm not sure of the details of what types of work would go on there. There are many small companies located in Layton, but many of the large employers would be located in Salt Lake City. SLC is about 25-30 miles south.

As for your original question, Davis Hospital and Medical Center is located in Layton. They are expanding and remodeling right now. It is a good sized hospital, with a ton of little clinics right around it. Tanner Clinic is across the street from the hospital and they are huge, as far as a clinic is concerened. I'm sure there would be something available in the medical billing field there. If not, there is Ogden Regional Medical Center that is in South Ogden (about 15 minutes north), and McKay Dee Hospital in Ogden (15-20 minutes north). Ogden Regional is the smallest of the three hospitals and McKay is the biggest. They just built a brand new building about 5-6 years ago.

I hope that information is helpful...let me know if you have any other questions!

Can I ask one more question? I remember a couple of years ago BRAC had tapped Hill AFB for significant downsizing or even closure. Now I hear it is booming?

Is Hill AFB here to stay?

Thanks!

Old 11-08-2007, 04:57 PM

It has come up on the "possible" closure list a couple of times. Both times it has been passed by and they have kept it open. I hope it is here to stay as it would really effect the economy if they closed it down. However, I have no idea what the Air Force will do.

I do know that Hill recently put in a brand new gym that I hear is awesome. They also either remodeled the BX or put in a new one, but I'm not sure. I don't think they would do that if a closure was imminent, but I could be wrong.

Old 11-11-2007, 01:38 PM

10 posts, read 37,364 times
Default Pretty sure Hill is staying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldoglvr View Post
Can I ask one more question? I remember a couple of years ago BRAC had tapped Hill AFB for significant downsizing or even closure. Now I hear it is booming?

Is Hill AFB here to stay?

Thanks!
Hi!
Let me first say I am not an Air Force official, but I am an Air Force wife. We just received orders to Hill for a move in May. From everything that I am hearing Hill will not be closing anytime soon and may in fact become a much larger base in the years to come. But as always there are no guarantees. As for them building new things and not staying open, that has happened at other bases, once the money is contracted for, the more likely it will be built.
Hope that helps.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:30 PM

This is a great forum. Thanks to both of you for the feedback on Hill AFB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area