Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:49 PM

10 posts, read 37,518 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much for all of the info. Park City is probably a good choice for us but we could only afford a really modest home there. I have been reading about it and thinking about it a lot. When we did visit this summer it had a fun, easy-going feeling. We love Austin and are pretty easy-going ourselves! LOL Doing our part to keep Austin weird!!!!

The air would be better for our daughter and the commute better for my husband. BUT THE STICKER SHOCK!!!! Yikes!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 10:52 PM

10 posts, read 37,518 times
I didn't make it to Draper or Eagle Mountain yet. I will definately check it out!

Thanks!!

Old 10-29-2007, 11:20 AM

7 posts, read 33,454 times
Default Mountain Green

If you have the option to live in Ogden or Mountain Green, you might want to consider Mountain Green the most. Just be careful what part of MG you decide on, there are areas with landslides (closest to the mouth of the canyon). Mountain Green prices will be much more than Ogden, but the country lifestyle, close proximity to Snowbasin and the Hunstville/Eden areas are second to none. Ogden has its seedy areas, so drive through the neighborhoods during the day & night and when school lets out to get a feel for the neighborhoods. Ogden has done a GREAT job of trying to clean up their image, and they have done an amazing job of bringing in new jobs (Ogden has more Ski companies than any other major area). Good luck

Old 12-28-2007, 11:11 PM

3 posts, read 13,461 times
I may be bias on this decision, but I would never live in Ogden. Every time I watch the news, they are talking about something happening there, murders, robberies, high speed chases, etc! I live in Heber City, just 15 miles outside of Park City. My husband & I absolutely love it! We are close to Park City & within a 20 minute drive of Provo & Orem and 45 minutes to Salt Lake City and we have the same air quality that Park City does. I also have asthma & since I moved here 1.5 years ago, I have not had any issues at all!! Highway 40 can be tough in the winter (the road to get to Park City & Salt Lake City), but we just prepare for that & know it will take extra time. Heber also has much lower living costs that Park City does & it is the up & coming area in Utah right now - we are even getting a Super WalMart! So, to have the outdoorsy lifestyle of being a Parkite, but without the high living costs, I highly recommend checking out Heber CIty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area