Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 04:29 AM

17 posts, read 79,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail'em View Post
Speaking only as biased lover of park city, I wouldn't live in slc. if that were the choice I'd leave utah. We live in the far back of summit park and after hearing years of bad stories, a four wheel drive and snow tires have always gotten us around great. nice people, lots of kids and they have great sales on jackets and socks if the cold gets you. It snows here alot but you already know that I assume.
Moved from FL and the snow and/or cold is a fun change. kids we know are not brats but most people we know are from JR/pinebrook or summit.
Hey Sail'em... We checked out Summit Park & just LOVE it... Still a little pricey for us but we're hoping for the best. We're at the very beginning of house hunting... Still waiting to sell back home. We also like Pinebrook & JR. Perhaps you can shed some light on this: Why do all SLC folks try to talk us out of living in the Park area? Everywhere we go, my husband and I are told that the commute will be awful, it's too cold, etc? We're realistic about the drive to SLC and we're fortunate that it's right on 80 [SLC Airport]. What gives... any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 09:46 AM

15 posts, read 79,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojodog View Post
Hey Sail'em... We checked out Summit Park & just LOVE it... Still a little pricey for us but we're hoping for the best. We're at the very beginning of house hunting... Still waiting to sell back home. We also like Pinebrook & JR. Perhaps you can shed some light on this: Why do all SLC folks try to talk us out of living in the Park area? Everywhere we go, my husband and I are told that the commute will be awful, it's too cold, etc? We're realistic about the drive to SLC and we're fortunate that it's right on 80 [SLC Airport]. What gives... any ideas?
First of all, hi Sail'em! I'm also a Summit Parker and can't say enough wonderful things about life here.

Hey mojodog,

Just found this other thread here in the Salt Lake City forum. I read that you and your husband are in your 40s, no kids and 3 big dogs. Perfect match for Summit Park! Most people here have dogs and we all love to take them up on the trails. It's a good life for a dog I think the neighborhood used to have fewer kids, especially small children, but that is changing since Summit Park is affordable for young families who want to live in Park City. Tom & I are kid-less, 2 dogs, and in your age range.

Are you still here in PC now? If you'd like, shoot me a private message to eerygurl at hotmail dot com and I'll answer any specific questions you might have. And you're welcome to stop by and meet us!

Cheers,
Pam

Old 03-21-2008, 11:08 PM

7 posts, read 32,254 times
Herd mentality and the quest for "normal" are my only two thoughts on why so many people tried to steer us to sugar house and slc.

Seriously, I think there are different stokes for different folks and not everyone will love the park, but I believe it has a real affect on those who embrace it. Not everyone wants a neiborhood to impact their life but We wouldn't change a thing. I'll admit it has some cult like qualities, but you'll be hard pressed to find an uninteresting or uninspired person in the park.

good luck-

Old 03-23-2008, 07:53 AM

17 posts, read 79,544 times
Default Summit Park and surrounding areas

Hey everyone... I've been in town over a week now, triangulating areas and neighborhoods to live in. We like Pinebrook and Jeremy Ranch, however, Rob & I just love Summit Park and decided to settle in Summit Park if we can find a place. We've met several people in the neighborhood already and find them to be warm and real and kind and charming. I was luke warm about moving again [7th time in 16 years], however, I welcome the opportunity to live in such a great neighborhood. Thank you for your all of your help & advice.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:42 PM

595 posts, read 2,748,659 times
I visited Park City just a year ago and loved it! I thought that it was the nicest looking town I've ever been to. All of the Main Street stores were great and looked nice, it seemed as if all those cool little homes on the mountain, surrounding downtown were all kept up very well. We did look through some real estate magazines cuz we seemed very interested in the area, but we found that all the homes were WAYYY out of our price range. They all seemed to be 1 million plus homes! Thats fine though, we found that their were some pretty nice towns outside of PC, still in the mountains with affordible homes. Back then, I thought I also read that the Park City School District was one of the best 10 in the country! However, I was very surprised to see the crime rate out there. It is something like 800 out of a 300 something average? My guess though is that it is mainley due to just how big of a touristry town Park City is. If I had the money, I'd move there. It is probably one of the nicest towns in Utah.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:50 AM

15 posts, read 79,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojodog View Post
Hey everyone... I've been in town over a week now, triangulating areas and neighborhoods to live in. We like Pinebrook and Jeremy Ranch, however, Rob & I just love Summit Park and decided to settle in Summit Park if we can find a place. We've met several people in the neighborhood already and find them to be warm and real and kind and charming. I was luke warm about moving again [7th time in 16 years], however, I welcome the opportunity to live in such a great neighborhood. Thank you for your all of your help & advice.
Was great meeting you & your hubby this past weekend, mojodog! We look forward to having you as part of our great neighborhood!

Cheers,
Pam

Old 10-23-2008, 06:39 PM

10 posts, read 28,456 times
Not trying to sell anything but think it is notable it know our professions. My wife has been a real estate agent in Park City and Salt Lake. I am in the mortgage business. I have lived in Salt Lake all my life and am 41 years old. If you don't have to commute to SL then Park City is a great place. If you have to commute to SL then it is not. I-80 is steep with many curves. It also gets extremely windy during the winter. If you want to live in an upscale area and enjoy the outdoors I would buy in Emigration Canyon. It is only a few minutes from Downtowne SLC but is in the mountains with hundreds of trails. It is located between SL and Park City. It is an exclusive community and has one of the best private schools in the country located close to it. Many of the doctors that work at the University of Utah Hospital and Huntsman Cancer Institute live in this community. I would rather pick what days I want to drive up the canyon to enjoy Park City and Skiing than to have to drive I-80 every day.
Midway and Heber City it too long of a commute.
Just my option. Good Luck!

Old 10-23-2008, 07:04 PM

Default Inversion..

Too get out of the inversion you can live in Draper at the top of the mountain. Very windy there but has a great view of all of SL.
You can live in Emigration Canyon. Has great trails walking trails and is great if you have a dog. I about 7 minutes from Downtown but in the mountains.
Or you can live in Park City. Has great activities and skiing. Commute to SL is steep and curvy.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:15 PM

Roselyn 357,
Don't know if you are still looking but,
If you are looking for an area that is VERY LDS. Cedar Hills would be one of the most LDS areas around. Living in Federal Heights or Emigration Canyon would be a thought.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:25 PM

MoJoDog,
If I were to live in Park City. Personally I would not pick Summit Park, Jeremy Ranch or Pinebrook. You still have the same steep commute to SL. You might as well move closer to the Skii resorts. The commute from the skii resorts to Summit Park and Pinebrook is relatively flat. If you are going to live in Park City, the value is closer to the skii resorts.
Something closer to SL but still in the mountains might be better for you. It will still keep you out of the inversion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area