Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 03:21 PM

515 posts, read 2,327,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoutah View Post
i think they need more cops doing the traffic scene here, but u know what ive seen them without blinkers, running thru yellow lights, making u-bies where its not allowed and yet they make an out of stater take a written driving test..lol
Do they really??? That sucks! I just got here & changing my license over will not be my first priority, but good to know I have to plan for that. Jeez, it was easy to change over my social work license!

Old 08-17-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTerrill View Post

I'm Mormon so I hate bars and I think drinkers are disgusting people,
thanks God most Mormons do not seem to be this ignorant. My new landlord (LDS) definitely had concerns as alcohol usage was mentioned in the lease but not completely prohibited. It seems like many Mormons are just not exposed to appropriate social drinking, and don't realize that the large majority of us have no intent of getting "drunk". Part of it is it's nice to have a non-sweet beverage with a nice meal that's not water.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:32 PM

702 posts, read 1,987,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnabon View Post
thanks God most Mormons do not seem to be this ignorant. My new landlord (LDS) definitely had concerns as alcohol usage was mentioned in the lease but not completely prohibited. It seems like many Mormons are just not exposed to appropriate social drinking, and don't realize that the large majority of us have no intent of getting "drunk". Part of it is it's nice to have a non-sweet beverage with a nice meal that's not water.
Ok so your landlord is telling u u can't drink???

Old 08-17-2008, 09:03 PM

550 posts, read 2,172,891 times
lol Big Brother maybe?

Old 08-17-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoutah View Post
Ok so your landlord is telling u u can't drink???
No, not at all. The lease states "no drunlken-ness". He's ok with social drinking, but just the fact that it was even addressed was odd to me at first... or at least it would have been odd any place besides UT!

Old 08-17-2008, 11:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,448 times
Can anyone comment on the Provo/Orem area of Utah?

Old 08-18-2008, 12:25 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,981,201 times
Much more conservative than SLC. High concentration of LDS folks in smaller towns, as is the case in most of UT. Should not be a problem if you don't make it one.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:30 PM

5,121 posts, read 16,634,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmover View Post
Can anyone comment on the Provo/Orem area of Utah?
I grew up in Orem. Moved to Salt Lake 18 years ago and I'm much happier up here. I didn't fit in in Orem. Too conservative for my liking and very judgemental. I still have three siblings and their families who live there. They like it.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:05 PM

19 posts, read 34,379 times
I got transferred up here about six months ago from Texas. I'm not sure that I have formed an opinion on the city yet. I work pretty much all the time and in all my dealings with people on the street and at work every one has been pleasant. Thats all you can ask for in my estimation. When I was informed I was headed for SLC there were not many considerations that I had to take into account. I have never been married and have no children. I do miss the Texas live music scene and those bands don't often stray to far from Texas. As far as the bars go, they quit serving at about ten till one and that took some getting used to, so now I find myself heading out to Wendover and spending all my hard earned wages. As far as all the LDS members possesing some time of internal radar that allows them to identify non LDS (I'm Catholic) and ridicule and harrass them has not been my experience at all.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:52 AM

702 posts, read 1,987,595 times
Well I spoke to someone that is LDS and they came from another state and they even said Utah (born and raised here) mormons are completely different than the transplants here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area