Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 04:02 PM

7 posts, read 43,809 times

Advertisements

I live in the Ranches at Eagle Mountain and love it. It has a small town feel, but is about 45 minutes from the airport. Very friendly, good schools, good stores and decent home prices. It is a young city, but growing quickly. Lots of people from all over the country live here. I grew up in Canada, my neighbor in Hawaii, so you will find some diversity throughout the community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 02:43 PM

7 posts, read 24,124 times
Thanks to all! I am looking into the places you have mentioned.
We are looking to leave Maine because of the weather. Maine is beautiful but the snow has gotten to be too much. We love the warmer weather.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:45 AM

56 posts, read 213,449 times
I am from Maine as well. I moved here about 8 years ago. I originally lived in Park city for about 4-5 years and now I am in SLC. Where in Maine are you? I am from the coastal region. I would not live in Toole. I would suggest kamas or Heber. Or go look around the outskirts of Park city. I think you'll like it. Its a little to get used of the pollution in the city, which is really sad.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:02 PM

4 posts, read 9,275 times
You'd be better off in a neighborhood in Salt Lake City. The Avenues is the best place. If you go to a small town, you will suffer if you are not LDS. The neighborhoods in SLC are more accepting of all religions.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:35 AM

7 posts, read 43,809 times
The Ranches is mostly LDS, but not as much as other towns. People in this town are from all over and most have not grown up here which seems to make a difference. A lot of people move here to get away from the LDS clicks. It is worth a drive around the area.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:44 PM

5 posts, read 8,887 times
I think that anything in the valley would be a good choice. If you buy in a new development there will be more recent transplants form outside UT. Try DayBreak, SunCrest, Traverse Mt., etc.. The Aves/U of U/Sugarhouse have more character and are closer to the airport but the homes are older and it's more of an urban feel. Heber is too far if you are driving this on a daily bases (or semi daily). Kimball junction is a good bedroom community outside Park City, but expensive and no matter where you are you look onto I-80. PC is a good choice but expensive and tourists get old. I would go with a new comunity to meet more people/newish home or something older like Olympus Cove / Holladay / Harvard & Yale area. Really traffic here is easy and anywhere in the valley is less than 30 min. Your age lifestyle and pocket book have more to do with location than anything else. Crime is minimal on the eastside of I-15. The father east the better and more expensive the homes. Only cross I-15 in the southern part of the valley 70th South and above .

2 cents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area