Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2008, 07:37 PM

1 posts, read 5,119 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I will be in SLC from Helena, Montana for up to 7 weeks beginning this next week on 6/22. We need a hotel/motel close to the Huntsman Cancer Institute that gives a good medical rate and would appreciate some advice from locals. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 08:11 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
Surely the Center can provide you with a list of options. Since it's summer, you might even be able to stay in a dorm, although that's pretty basic if he is not feeling well after treatment.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:26 PM

494 posts, read 1,897,013 times
The closest hotel is the Marriott University Park (it is located in Research Park, right next to the U.). Here is a link to Marriott's website. I don't know if they offer medical rates. Best of luck to you.

Salt Lake City Hotels, Utah Reservations & UT Accommodations - Marriott Salt Lake City University Park

Old 06-18-2008, 02:24 PM

128 posts, read 243,126 times
I work for the American Cancer Soc. in Salt Lake...here is some info that I believe will be helpful...

A list of accommodations in the SLC area is available on the University Health Care website at University Health Care For Patients or by calling the Huntsman Cancer Inst. at (888)424-2100.

Another one: Hospital Traveler provides help & info to patients & families who are traveling for care. The staff can make hotel reservations & offer discounts on air & car rental. Medical Lodging, Medical Traveler, Medical Insurance
phone: (866)889-9370.

National Assoc of Hospital Hospitality Houses, Inc. (NAHHH) - provides lists of hospitality houses that provide free or low-cost lodging for patients who are visiting treatment ctrs. away from home. NAHHH - Homes That Help and Heal ph: (800)542-9730.

Good luck with everything for you and your fiance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area