Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:14 PM

546 posts, read 3,105,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Wow...you are right on with this one...it was in need of MAJOR work...in fact, maybe so much that it will never get the needed attention.

I know from the looks of the rest of the neighborhood (and neighbors) they must be THRILLED that this place is finally hopeful of attention so needed.

I just pray that it is not demolished for the lot...something that, based on the condition of the current property, is not all that far fetched.

You said it, being that I'm one of those neighbors, a teardown would boil my blood...ESPECIALLY an O'Neil Ford teardown - blasphemy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 09:12 PM

847 posts, read 2,232,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by googie2525 View Post
I MAY have posted about this place before, can't recall, BUT I just took some pics, which I know I never posted, sooooo....a super-cool MCM O’Neil Ford that's not listed for sale anywhere (on a great lot in a really desirable area of San Antonio - adjacent to Terrell Hills and Alamo Heights, AND more importantly, just down the street from the ONLY HEB Central in San Antonio, hardy har har!). Downside is the place is a complete wreck, a SERIOUS fixer-upper (the original owner was recently placed in a rest home, he has Alzheimer’s, so he hasn’t kept it up for years). Anyhoo, it’s not “officially” for sale, but I had a realtor friend of mine dig into it, and the owners’ son is taking offers as its just sitting there empty, although he won’t consider anything under 250K evidently (and just recently raised the price to 275K the neighbor said! She also lives in an O’Neil Ford as well, but a completely gutted Home Depot-ized version of one, I wouldn’t even consider it a Ford anymore at all. She also said, unfortunately, that this Ford has a lot of issues: foundation problems, water damage, roof is basically collapsing, etc.), BTW, the son/seller is a serious a**hole lawyer who is not very pleasant to deal with according to my realtor pal...Anyway, if this was restored correctly it would be amazing. If anyone is interested contact me here and I'll un-private my DM for ya (due thanks to some very annoying DM's from a certain person this forum) Moderator cut: TOS violation
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s247/theweirdone1971/IMG_1380.jpg (broken link)
Goog, that does look like a real treasure.
Those Ford designs should have some kind of significance to the
Conservation Society. Shame they don't.

You're being stalked??

mud

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-21-2008 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: TOS violation

Old 03-02-2008, 06:08 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Maybe it has already been mentioned, but the neighborhood behind MacArthur Park (northeast quadrant of 410/Nacogdoches) may have some of these houses.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:14 AM

361 posts, read 925,021 times
I don't know if it's been mentioned because I don't have the time to dig through 16 pages this morning, but the Holmes area (NW side around Ingram mall) has quite a few such houses.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:40 AM

Not sure about the neighborhoods, shearer and harmony hills? Both are on the re-muddled side though. Moderator cut: TOS violation an MCM enthusiast only.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s247/theweirdone1971/harmonyhillsMCM.jpg (broken link)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s247/theweirdone1971/shearerhillsMCM.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-21-2008 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: TOS violation

Old 03-21-2008, 05:26 PM

3 posts, read 7,235 times
What street is that O'Neil home on? You can PM me the info if it isn't supposed to be posted. Thanks.

Bill

Old 03-21-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjones View Post
What street is that O'Neil home on? You can PM me the info if it isn't supposed to be posted. Thanks.

Bill
114 West Brandon:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s247/theweirdone1971/114westbrandon.jpg (broken link)

...although I've recently been informed that it's under contract.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:16 PM

3 posts, read 7,235 times
Thanks. I don't think that I am looking for that much of a project but I wanted to at least drive by and see it.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:45 AM

12 posts, read 52,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legreenart View Post
These pics are of the home my Mom needs to sell, originally part of a family compound, custom built for the patriarch and his wife. More Retro seventies, says agent Chris Bond, who showed it a couple of times.

Its near SW Research
This house on Town Briar is back on the market after a sale fell through...blame the bad credit situation.
The realtor advise is to get rid of the original burnt orange tile... would hate to see that done.

Last edited by legreenart; 08-10-2008 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: missed reference

Old 08-10-2008, 02:27 PM

51 posts, read 212,125 times
Would love to see more pictures of this place if you could get some. What is the square footage? I emailed you earlier, I live in India. Please keep us updated and if it doesn't sell, we would like to look. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio