Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 10:44 PM

472 posts, read 1,076,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwangle View Post
I was standing in the checkout line at HEB today. It was slow. The woman behind me had just a few items. I did too. I told her that they need to open more lanes. She told me she wasn't in a hurry and showed me a marinade she was buying. "This is the best marinade I have ever found. It makes Brisket taste better than BILL MILLERS!"
Sooooooo,...are you gonna share the "name" of the marinade????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 11:47 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,545,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco2 View Post
Sooooooo,...are you gonna share the "name" of the marinade????
It's funny but I didn't really pay much attention. Marinades are like ________ everybodies got one. It had a yellow and blue cartoon pig on the label (I think). I will look for it next time I am in HEB. She told me it is hard to find and it probably is.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:34 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,429,021 times
If you need to buy a marinade from a store for a brisket, you don't know how to cook a real brisket. Gotta create your own rub and know how to work the smoker!

Old 08-05-2011, 02:53 PM

297 posts, read 729,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwangle View Post
Sometimes I wake up craving Bill Millers. Totally irrational I know. I think it is the potato salad that makes or breaks a BBQ place. Most places it is mashed potatos with Mayo and pickles. Bill Millers avoids the whole thing by pushing hash browns with grilled onions. Smart move! Bill Millers menu is good for a fast food place. I like the Soup in the winter and the salads in the summer. They fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness, ease my trouble-thats what they do!

But...they have potato salad...

Old 04-22-2012, 07:32 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
I just noticed Chicken Fried Steak on the menu today. It comes with mashed potatoes and green beens. Has anyone tried it?

Old 04-22-2012, 07:52 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,557,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I just noticed Chicken Fried Steak on the menu today. It comes with mashed potatoes and green beens. Has anyone tried it?
Yes, and it's yummy! The downside is that it takes 10+ minutes to prepare, so the rest of your party will be finished before you.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:13 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,713,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Been there for a while and yes, very good.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:21 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,737,643 times
Bill Miller's keeps expanding their menu. Back when I worked there over 25 years ago, breakfast was not served nor fish during Lent.This is not the healthiest place to eat, but they offer a broad selection, good sized portions, and a fair price. I don't agree with how they treat their employees as discussed in another thread or their business practices such as paying different starting wages at different sides of town. But with 70 locations, it is hard to argue their success.

Last edited by 69GSstage1; 04-23-2012 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-23-2012, 11:19 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
I'm a Dan of Bill Miller's at lunch. I don't usually go for dinner but then again I hardly eat fast food for dinner when I have time to make it myself or go to a sit down place.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:26 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,713,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69GSstage1 View Post
This is not the healthiest place to eat, but they offer a broad selection, good sized portions, and a fair price.
Actually, I eat at Bill Millers because it's HEALTHIER than most places. As a matter of fact, I'd go so far as to say that it is probably some of the healthiest you can eat in terms of lowering your chance of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.....as long as you don't eat too many carbs and don't drink the sweet tea.

Load up on the fatty foods. It's what our ancestors ate:

"Experiments over the last decade have demonstrated that people who eat as much as they want of fatty-foods, even foods rich in saturated fat like butter and lard and eggs, lose weight and improve their heart disease risk factors."

Amazon.com: Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It (9780307272706): Gary Taubes: Books
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio