Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 04:25 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,805 times

Advertisements

I said I was going to rant about something & here it is.

I recently had 2 vehicles require new vehicle registration stickers in quick succession. Naturally, I renewed online via credit card for the airline miles, as I have done so for the past several years. The sticker for the 2nd application arrived with the 1st sticker not showing up at all. So when the registration expired, I went on over to the office asking for the sticker.

They Moderator cut: See Comment dared to ask me for $7 in "fees". Excuse me. I paid EARLY. I paid ON TIME. YOUR incompetence failed to provide me with the sticker. Why should *I* pay for YOUR incompetence? Are you freaking kidding me?!

Moderator cut: See Comment#1 requested her manager to explain the situation to me. Evidently, the responsibility lies on ME to complain to them when I don't receive a sticker on time. If I take too long to complain, I have to pay the "fee". What....on......earth.

Excuse me, but I was born in the USSR & I have plenty of tales of incompetence passed down to me by my elders. To see similar incompetence in America is simply disheartening. But, I digress.

I had gone to the Moderator cut: See Comment Bexar Co. Tax Assessor's Office for a mis-sent vehicle registration sticker before & I got it without any moronic "fees". Of course, that time, I didn't "wait" at all. But it shouldn't be relevant. I shouldn't have to be held hostage by morons to pay $7 (yes, it's a pittance, but it's the principle that counts to me) for THEIR own incompetence. I paid early, not late. Who cares that I show up just before or just after the sticker expires. I HAVE A FREAKING LIFE. The people driving the cars are busy, as well. Just give me the freaking sticker, you incompetent punk!

Urrrrrggggh, my blood boils just thinking of this debacle. Granted, it's a "government institution", so customer service isn't tops on their list, but their behavior was just plain despicable. Someone who paid ON TIME gets punished? Right. That's SOOOO appropriate.

Anyways, shortly thereafter, a 3rd vehicle needed to renew its sticker. This time, screw their site. I won't have anything to do with these Moderator cut: See Comment people. Off I went to the beautiful HEB 90 seconds away (if the lights are perfectly timed) and lo & behold, I learned how beautiful it is to renew stickers at HEB. And I still get the airline miles!

Thank you, HEB. Moderator cut: See Comment

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-08-2011 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: (1) No politics & (2) You can get your point across better w/o the unnecessary and inappropriate name-calling in your posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 06:11 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
Moderator cut: See Comment When you got one tag and not the other, wouldn't it have been a clue that you needed to check on things?

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-08-2011 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: Orphaned - post comments referred to have been removed.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:37 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Off I went to the beautiful HEB 90 seconds away (if the lights are perfectly timed) and lo & behold, I learned how beautiful it is to renew stickers at HEB. And I still get the airline miles!
Sigh... I just go to HEB for my auto tags. Avoid all that.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:58 AM

4,327 posts, read 7,234,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Off I went to the beautiful HEB 90 seconds away (if the lights are perfectly timed) and lo & behold, I learned how beautiful it is to renew stickers at HEB. And I still get the airline miles!
Airline miles - you mean you were actually able to use a credit card for the transaction? If so, that's something new.

I tried to use a credit card at HEB a couple of years ago when I renewed my registration, and it wasn't taking the card. The clerk behind the counter turned the swipe station around to try to determine what was wrong, and noticed I had selected "credit", and not "debit". "Debit only for registration renewals", I was told. So I re-ran the card as a debit transaction, and it went through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Sigh... I just go to HEB for my auto tags. Avoid all that.
Agree, HEB is the way to go for vehicle registration renewals.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:35 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,148 times
You should have gone to Frost Bank to get $7.00 in pennies (without their money sleeves) and DEMAND that the "supervisor" or the director come down there and count them all by himself/herself...

I'm kidding!

Sucks when these things happen. Just avoid them like you are doing by going to HEB.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:39 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,375 times
Agreed. I went into that office on Bandera and wanted to go postal within ten minutes of being there. HEB for sure is the way to go here. $7 in pennies lol!

Old 10-08-2011, 08:13 AM

246 posts, read 433,585 times
This is one of only a couple of checks I write in a year. Just mail it in when you get the notification (does cost you an extra dollar, plus a stamp)

I'm not standing in line anywhere booze is not involved.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:46 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,291,423 times
[quote=macbillybob;21201640]This is one of only a couple of checks I write in a year. Just mail it in when you get the notification (does cost you an extra dollar, plus a stamp)

I'm not standing in line anywhere booze is not involved.[/quote]

word.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:00 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,888 times
Let me add that being able to renew your driver's license by mail is....heavenly.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:26 AM

64 posts, read 178,985 times
Sovy.......keep us posted if you find the sticker you may have misplaced
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio