Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2011, 03:33 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
LOL! As long as you are not standing naked in front of my frozen veggies we are cool
I'll try to keep it to the frozen pot pie section. Nobody eats those things anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 03:35 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
I'll try to keep it to the frozen pot pie section. Nobody eats those things anymore.
Why not the beer section? Might help curb the afternoon drinkers looking for cheap beer.

Old 11-26-2011, 03:52 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,740 times
I will assume that it is directed at me and trust me....a naked woman will not get in between me and my cheap beer Only thing getting in between me and my beer is my empty billfold

Old 11-26-2011, 03:55 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
I will assume that it is directed at me and trust me....a naked woman will not get in between me and my cheap beer Only thing getting in between me and my beer is my empty billfold
Haha I was joking. Well sorta. Beer and naked women seem to go together for many.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:00 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,740 times
Well, there are pros and cons to each. Both keep you company but only one will nag at you and not stop talking Sorry ladies. Back to the matter at hand....get up early, get groceries, enjoy your day.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:25 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catriona View Post
And please, be careful in the parking lots - I refuse to park where I have to back out anymore due to the idiots that drive recklessly in the parking lot isles. Not just at HEB, either. Walmart, Sam's, Target, the library, school parking lot.........
Me too! Not just worried about other cars in the parking lots but pedestrians. It's difficult to see if I'm pulling out of a space and I can't see who's coming because the vehicle next to me is longer than mine. I would rather not take the chance of possibly injuring someone.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:39 PM

554 posts, read 1,068,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
The funny thing about the 10 or less item "Express" lane is that they seem to always put the slowest cashiers in to work those lanes!
And everyone seems to be writing a check to pay for their items. That kind of defeats the purpose of the "express" lane. Also, and I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but why does anyone even write checks these days?

Old 11-26-2011, 10:26 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,885 times
Look folks, simply shop around HEB like you own the joint.

Push your cart confidently, shoulders up, looking like you're concentrating briefly (by squinting your eyes) at items you're interested in, even from a few feet away, when people are in the way. At loud or annoying individuals, look like you mean business when strolling with your cart by glaring blankly straight ahead. "Fake (but cute) smile" at people when they look at you and are walking too slow or are blocking the walkway.

If you have on work shoes (ladies or men), purposefully walk on them a little harder to make more walking noise so people will get out of your way when they are in the way. Also a quick double-tapping on "one" of your work shoes (while your lips show an over exaggerated pursed look) is nonverbal for, "ahem - i'm trying to get your attention" and smile of course while quickly saying thanks and immediately moving along.

Then, get in and out of the checkout line quick by putting your items on the moving belt faster than others (but not so fast that it looks like you're mad or upset) with credit card in hand and ready to go while looking at the cashier with a calm look.

See? All better now.

Now, you can enjoy being a large-crowd shopper at peak times at HEB anytime, anyplace...just like me!

Old 11-26-2011, 10:34 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,409,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
I recall one time at Target, someone was in the limited item lane (I don't remember what Target sets their limit at) with her item count exceeding the posted limit. She waited in line and when it was her turn to check out, the cashier refused to complete the transaction. She ended up throwing all of her items back into the cart and storming off to another lane. It was quite funny now that I think about it since this thread reminds me of that incident.

What did not amuse me was that the manager of the checkout lanes came over and spoke to the cashier about "rude customer service" in front of the others waiting in line. I felt bad for the cashier because she was just doing her job.

This is why people ignore those signs I guess. They feel that customer service "entitlement" matters more than that sign.

The cashiers probably figure they aren't doing double duty as store security, they aren't there to enforce rules, then get chewed out by their boss for being "rude" to customers. After all, how much do those cashiers get paid, compared to the managers? And, in this day and age, you really don't know who or what you're dealing with. Tell a customer he has too many items and go to another register, and they might do so, and then again they might just pull a gun on you--or pepper spray! Look at that woman who used pepper spray to get an advantage in line in Walmart!

My advice to the OP---chill out! Treat rude grocery store customers like road rage, ignore it, or you could escalate it.

About those carts---I have severe arthritis, and I never use them. They're too hard to navigate. IMO, they should NOT have them in stores. If you are so bad off you need such a cart, then you need one everywhere, not just the grocery store. So, get your own, and learn how to use it. To use a different one every time is an invitation for disaster, each one handles differently. I think you should be required to pass a course and get a license for those carts, just like for a car. Once my then 3-year old daughter was nearly run over by a biotch in such a cart, she seemed to think being disabled gave her the right-of-way!

But, back to OP, my mother always taught me when others are their rudest is when your good manners help the most---in other words, don't escalate a situation---really, those bananas on sale arent' worth the confrontation!

Old 11-26-2011, 10:40 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,409,201 times
But, what gripes me is people from "other cultures" who don't seem to think they're supposed to wait their turn, or get out of your way, if they feel you're from a "lower caste". They won't even acknowledge your polite attempts to get around them, like a simple "excuse me" or clear throat, etc.

I was at a Costco (see, OP, it happens everywhere, not just HEB!), and a group of "people from other cultures) were blocking a loooong aisle, chatting, wouldn't move. Like I said, I am disabled, sometimes prone to dizzy spells. I was getting a "spell" and trying to get down the aisle, they saw me, just wouldn't budge. My ds, now 6'4" and 210 pounds, just plowed the cart right through them, holding onto my elbow. he smiled so nicely and said "excuse me, folks, we need to come through" They got the message!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio