Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 12:40 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,424,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Not posting, lurking! (cause I only had my CrackBerry! lol!!)

High speed would have been nice...and then I wouldn't have missed my UFC fight!

Given pjrober's and gwrober's professions, having an RV with internet access would be awesome!

We're ready to go again! I think pj has the pop-up bug, so we may take that plunge soon.

On another note, I saw on the Gvmt Canyon map that they have campsites coming!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 12:50 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post

We're ready to go again! I think pj has the pop-up bug, so we may take that plunge soon.
Oh, you didn't mention UFC fight! That changes things!!

And yeah, I checked craigslist for PUP's. They're not quite as pricey as I expected (we wanna upgrade to one with a larger bunk at one end ~ full size is a bit cramped for 2 adults! ~ and with a/c so we can do some summer/on the way to and from SoCal camping). Definitely gonna stay with a pop up, tho. Love it!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 12:59 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,804,066 times
I thought this was interesting... wireless internet is now available at all the TXDot safety rest areas... so now you can stop anywhere along your trips within Texas and get your "CD fix"!

Texas Safety Rest Area Program

Old 04-21-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
I thought this was interesting... wireless internet is now available at all the TXDot safety rest areas... so now you can stop anywhere along your trips within Texas and get your "CD fix"!

Texas Safety Rest Area Program

Sweet! Goose Island was part of a pilot program for wifi access. I didn't bring my laptop tho.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:14 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post

Given pjrober's and gwrober's professions, having an RV with internet access would be awesome!

On another note, I saw on the Gvmt Canyon map that they have campsites coming!
I just called them!!! Nothing yet but soon. It will be walk in at first then some sites up front for tents and maybe even some rv sites!!

Old 04-21-2008, 01:29 PM

796 posts, read 3,049,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
We pitch a tent (leftover from my backpacking days, but these days don't feel like carrying a kid on my back along with the gear).

Don't even get me started about a/c and satellite dishes while camping....so much for enjoying the great outdoors.

One evening when my family and I were camping at a campsite near Colorado Bend SP, there was a nice big fancy motor home a few spots down from us. The were watching movies outside. They hung something big and white, probably a bed sheet and had a movie projector out. They were sitting out in their chairs having a good time watching a movie underneath the stars.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermomof4girls View Post
One evening when my family and I were camping at a campsite near Colorado Bend SP, there was a nice big fancy motor home a few spots down from us. The were watching movies outside. They hung something big and white, probably a bed sheet and had a movie projector out. They were sitting out in their chairs having a good time watching a movie underneath the stars.

We almost did that, this past weekend. It's a good thing we didn't, because the bugs were horrendous!!! They were everywhere, and swarming. Luckily all the mosquitoes were male, but that didn't stop my girls from freaking out...

Old 04-21-2008, 02:19 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times
That's when you go inside your "rig" no matter what the size. It's still camping, from pop up to motor home. It's more fun when your comfortable. Ours is not huge by any means but I love having my own potty and shower. We still sit by the fire and cook out side and have lots of fun watching the other campers. We just sleep inside.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:26 PM

260 posts, read 1,136,197 times
My only problem with the "not really campers" is when they are oblivious to everyone else in the campground. They run generators, light stands, radios, tv's - and have to talk loud enough to overcome all of that noise. If you are one of these types of campers, please let me know when and where you're going so I can leave you in peace.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:28 PM

260 posts, read 1,136,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsndip View Post
My only problem with the "not really campers" is when they are oblivious to everyone else in the campground. They run generators, light stands, radios, tv's - and have to talk loud enough to overcome all of that noise. If you are one of these types of campers, please let me know when and where you're going so I can leave you in peace.
Hey look - I hit "senior member" status, and turn all grumpy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio