Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 01:40 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,460,887 times

Advertisements

I look around and there are so many obese people, kids included. In NYC there are not that many. what is the main reason with this epidemic here in San Antonio? it is the food, laziness, culture,....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 01:46 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
I look around and there are so many obese people, kids included. In NYC there are not that many. what is the main reason with this epidemic here in San Antonio? it is the food, laziness, culture,....

I grew up there in the 70's/80's and it was soooo different then. It really has changed! I think that yes, what you are noticing, is a real change and a problem. Why I think that is may be harder to put down...but it is the culture there. Not all of SA, though. Gt around Trinity and Alamo Heights and see how different it is.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:47 PM

948 posts, read 1,841,926 times
Here we go again.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:52 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,709,092 times
"Carbohydrates, not fat, are the cause of excess weight, just as our grandparents’ generation always knew. Eating carbohydrates triggers a hormonal response — insulin secretion — that signals our bodies to accumulate fat. This is why the fewer carbohydrates we consume, the leaner we will be. Sugar, flour and other refined carbohydrates produce an exaggerated version of this response, and so are particularly fattening."
-From the book WHY WE GET FAT

What is the main staple of SA food? Tortillas, potatoes, corn, rice, flour/bread, sugar.
It seems to be that a high meat/fat diet is the ticket. Yes, bacon fat, butter, steaks, red meat. Basically this is Atkins Diet which was something our ancestors ate back in the day.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:06 PM

501 posts, read 949,090 times
This thread will end well.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:24 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,379 times
Why is NYC so rude?

I look around and there are so many rude people, kids included. In San Antonio there are not that many. what is the main reason with this epidemic in NYC? it is the self-importance, poor upbringing, culture,....

Old 03-20-2012, 02:25 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doss1 View Post
It seems to be that a high meat/fat diet is the ticket. Yes, bacon fat, butter, steaks, red meat. Basically this is Atkins Diet which was something our ancestors ate back in the day.
wasn't that when the life expectancy rate was like 40?

Old 03-20-2012, 02:26 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,346,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
Since you like starting these threads and bumping them I'd like to ask are you apart of this epidemic?

Old 03-20-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Since you like starting these threads and bumping them I'd like to ask are you apart of this epidemic?
no, not yet. but i been here in SA for a bit and do like these flour tortillas. but i try to excersice to work it off. I like ice cream too, not that reduced fat stuff either. but i watch my weight. so no i am not a statistic here in SA........yet

Old 03-20-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
Why is NYC so rude?

I look around and there are so many rude people, kids included. In San Antonio there are not that many. what is the main reason with this epidemic in NYC? it is the self-importance, poor upbringing, culture,....
that is so true, i went last year after being away a while and i noticed that too. the people dont have time for anything. the teenagers are so rude. I never noticed it until i returned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio