Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2009, 03:01 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,421,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
has anyone seen that house with the giant spiders on it in Caracol Heights? It's the fourth or fifth house on the right if you turn in from Potranco. You definitely can't miss it.
Don't they do that every year? There's another house on Victorian Oaks that has a huge spider on their garage every year too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I don't think legality is the issue. Of course one can take a picture of a yard from the street...Google Earth does this all the time.
Whether it's right to post it here without the owner's permission, seems to be the question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Again, I don't think legality is the issue. I don't think anyone said anything about "legal or not" (correct me if I'm wrong). It's about right or wrong (dodgy neighbor behavior).
I wouldn't do it either, but we're dealing with amateurs here.
Right, I agree - I wasn't saying it was a matter of legality - I guess what I'm trying to say is that someone shouldn't get so upset about it, as there really isn't anything wrong with it. It isn't illegal, and *may* be a question of taste, but that's it...I don't think there's even anything wrong with posting someone else's house online, depending on how you do it, if you take the pic legally.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:37 PM

160 posts, read 233,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Don't they do that every year? There's another house on Victorian Oaks that has a huge spider on their garage every year too.

Right, I agree - I wasn't saying it was a matter of legality - I guess what I'm trying to say is that someone shouldn't get so upset about it, as there really isn't anything wrong with it. It isn't illegal, and *may* be a question of taste, but that's it...I don't think there's even anything wrong with posting someone else's house online, depending on how you do it, if you take the pic legally.
I'll agree to disagree. I wouldn't appreciate someone arbitrarily posting a picture of our house anywhere. It's a privacy issue for me.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:36 AM

872 posts, read 1,855,772 times
guyo - concur with luvdogs3. Since it is your post, you should be able to click edit and delete it yourself it you want.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Two members requested that some of their posts be deleted. Since those posts spawned a lot of discussion, that meant that about 3 dozen more posts were orphaned and had to be deleted. Usually the mod team prefers not to delete posts that have replies, but based on the level of controversy and vitriol exchanged in the resulting discussion, I complied with the request. Since so many members had posts that were orphan-deleted, I felt this explanation was necessary.

Please try to be more proactive about using the report post button in this thread to let the mod team know of any problem posts.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:51 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
I guess we must of had a strong wind come through early this morning. Did anyone see the house on Military Drive (north side) with the fences all down?
I guess that's God's way of telling them...hey replace the fence like the HOA told you to.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:01 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
that could have been mine if I didn't have it repaired earlier this week. A big gust of wind was what helped jack it up in the first place. Yet another reason we need a brick or stone fence. I guess the HOA never read The Three Little Pigs..

Old 10-09-2009, 10:07 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,421,762 times
I saw a couple of fences down today. Winds that strong can damage houses, make sure you give yours a look over!

Also, does anyone else find it odd that the cross walk stripes at the Military and WC Oaks intersection go to the curb, and not to the 'dip' in the sidewalk? Seems odd to me.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:39 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,398 times
Good Afternoon,

Although I not attempting to upset anyone I have a quick question. As you know we have an upcoming BOD Meeting and there is no way of knowing how many people will attend. Does anyone know the capacity of the Community Center Meeting Room? Do you think that the meeting may be held elsewhere do to the potential of a big turn out? I realize that we could fall back to the normal number of attendees for monthly meetings which is very low.

Thanks

Old 10-10-2009, 11:49 AM

41 posts, read 58,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Good Afternoon,

Although I not attempting to upset anyone I have a quick question. As you know we have an upcoming BOD Meeting and there is no way of knowing how many people will attend. Does anyone know the capacity of the Community Center Meeting Room? Do you think that the meeting may be held elsewhere do to the potential of a big turn out? I realize that we could fall back to the normal number of attendees for monthly meetings which is very low.

Thanks
I would estimate the CC to hold less than 200 people. If you could get an estimate of attendees to the meeting, I would email the BOD and advise them of the planned numbers and ask that there be a back-up plan to ensure the added numbers are accomadated. I would go so far as as to have it outside, like at the SP pavillion, if need be. Everyone can bring their own chair.

Old 10-10-2009, 03:08 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
They use to hold them at Galm School...they could again to accomodate everyone if they WANTED to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio