Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 08:11 PM

872 posts, read 1,855,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Good Evening- I have not observed the mess. By looking on the Bexar Appraisal Site it appears that most of that property is owned by the HOA. As you know they will have to dispose of it properly. It is against the law /rules /regulations of the Bexar County Stormwater Ordinance, TCEQ, and the San Antonio River Authority to dump trash, limsb, boards, etc. into a waterway whether it is dry or not. The area could fall upon BC.

How did it get there?. Does it appear the VOWC Maintenace Staff dumped it?

If I am out in this area this week during work I will find out exactly where it is at and contact the responsible Authority.
It appears that either:
1. VOWC maintenance likely did it.
2. A builder did it.
3. Residents did it.

I'd wager that it was option 1. Although, it could have even been BC working north of the road though I would be very surprised at that. A while back when a couple of us called about the limbs that were obviously dumped by the maintenance crew at WC Oaks by 1604, someone at the office told me they would be very surprised because they had a pile for chipping/shredding somewhere. I don't know where that is. They did clean up the mess at WC Oaks and 1604...it was very obvious where it came from. I'll try to get a photo posted tomorrow of the current piles near the old pool.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:40 PM

35 posts, read 55,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
That has been brought up by residents, at a board meeting but they have chosen to ignore it. Legal help seems to be the only way!

We now have Legal help. Thank GOD

Old 10-06-2009, 08:41 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF View Post
I heard that the Board of Directors is only going to give the homeowner 3 minutes to address the budget before they vote on it. Here it is that they have all the time in the world to review it before hand, but the folks that it will impact the most won't even be provided a copy of the proposed budget until the meeting time so that we can engage in a meaningful discussion.

Just where did this crazy "3 minute rule" come from?

Also hearing a lot of chatter that they better get a bigger room for the next board meeting. A lot of unhappy campers from our neighborhood plan to be there.

Will be checking back later!
Didn't we have 10 minutes at the last BOD meeting (Not the Town Hall Meeting) It's pretty sad that they will only give 3 minutes for questions /comment /suggestions. Like you said we will get it when we arrive at the meeting. It's pretty darn sad that four people know whats' best for The VOWC and when its all said and done their decisions will be final.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:46 PM

15 posts, read 25,511 times
Quote:
That has been brought up by residents, at a board meeting but they have chosen to ignore it. Legal help seems to be the only way!
I wonder how many of those folks who have a "common area fence" will show up at the next board meeting. We should begin knocking on their doors and quote the by-laws. Seem clear to me who is responsible for those fences.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:29 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
While on the Bexar Appraisal Site I found out that we (HOA) owns 23 acres around the new pool and Community Center. It's no big deal -I just never knew. Almost all of it is out of the Flood Plain.
The HOA is paying on this property that cost around $750,000 in all.

From Westcreek HOA 2009 Budget:

8128 Notes Payable - Community Center w/Land $ 168,000.00

Last edited by Steel Man; 10-06-2009 at 09:37 PM..

Old 10-07-2009, 07:54 AM

Default Brush and board piles

Here are some photos of the piles of brush and boards by the bridge near the sports park.
Attached Thumbnails
Villages of Westcreek-brush.jpg   Villages of Westcreek-brush2.jpg   Villages of Westcreek-brush3.jpg   Villages of Westcreek-brush4.jpg  

Old 10-07-2009, 08:00 AM

Default More photos

A few more photos of the brush piles and one of a rotted and fallen post that needs to be fixed. There are several of these posts rotted out along Military in front of the sports park.
Attached Thumbnails
Villages of Westcreek-brush5.jpg   Villages of Westcreek-brush6.jpg   Villages of Westcreek-brush7.jpg   Villages of Westcreek-brush8.jpg  

Old 10-07-2009, 08:20 AM

33 posts, read 50,940 times
Default Wow what a MESS!

Quote:
A few more photos of the brush piles and one of a rotted and fallen post that needs to be fixed. There are several of these posts rotted out along Military in front of the sports park.
This sure looks as though the maintenence department needs to be working on real eyesores. Thank-you for taking the time to take these pictures.

Last edited by JCDrupiewski; 10-07-2009 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: Correct spelling

Old 10-07-2009, 11:50 AM

186 posts, read 345,266 times
The budget is posted on the VWOA web sight...if you are going to wait until the evening of the meeting to review it then you don't have a legitimate gripe. Secondly, the BOD is well within their pervue to limit comments from the floor to 3 minutes. It gives most individauals who wish to address the business at hand an opportunity to do so without dragging out the length of the meeting. The information on the budget has been made available to us...all we have to do is read, synthesize, and condense our comments to 3 minutes or less.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:23 PM

15 posts, read 25,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus01 View Post
The budget is posted on the VWOA web sight...if you are going to wait until the evening of the meeting to review it then you don't have a legitimate gripe. Secondly, the BOD is well within their pervue to limit comments from the floor to 3 minutes. It gives most individauals who wish to address the business at hand an opportunity to do so without dragging out the length of the meeting. The information on the budget has been made available to us...all we have to do is read, synthesize, and condense our comments to 3 minutes or less.
If the proposed 2010 Budget is on the website, then where is it hidden? I see the 2009 Budget and that is all.

I personally think the 3 minute rule is just an attempt to squash the homeowners voices!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio