Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 05:43 PM

86 posts, read 174,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus01 View Post
There's no such thing as a silly question...but to answer your question...No you don't have to drive your Village...some team members do walk their neighborhoods...I recommend walking in pairs. We have been trying to hold classes in the CC but it was always booked on the the evenings the Officers were available to conduct the class. As of yesterday the current bulletin is this...when they(BCSO) schedule a class it will probably be on Saturdays...they have been getting complaints from individuals who do not want to drive to Herbert Ln to attend the class (actually its a very short drive down 151 depending on which section of the county you reside). WC was assured there'd be a class in Jan...it may slip to early Feb...WC currently has 20 applicants on the training wait list (applications have been submitted by these individuals for a background check). There hasn't been much difference in attendance whether the training was held in WC or elsewhere. I've observed that COP has been slow ramping up...but I'm certain that it will take-off...however it just appears that its going to be a long take-off roll.To sponsor a sign one need only fill out and file an application with BCSO with a check attached. Each sign is $55.00. Instructions are on the application and need to be followed to the letter or the county won't install the sign...assistance is available with the application if needed.
Thank you for putting this information out there! People need to understand COP is NOT a HOA entity: just Westcreek citizens that think our community is worth the time. Even if it's only a half hour a month; it's better than nothing. It's only a matter of keeping eyes and ears open and reporting suspicious activity. In fact; any homeowner can call the non-emergency number any time! It could be that something doesn't look "normal" in their neighborhood! Don't call the HOA - call the Bexar County number!

Old 01-09-2010, 05:06 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
Has anyone else almost hit a person utilizing that crosswalk down the hill from Galm? Not the one in front of the school, the one further down where it's dark and there's a bunch of trees. I was coming home at around 6:30 PM last night (totally dark) and some brilliant woman with her child (both wearing dark clothes) stepped right out in the street and forced me to slam on my brakes. I have Xenon lights, so I know she saw me, but I did not see her until it was almost too late. I've also seen other kids make a left down that sidewalk onto the crosswalk without bothering to look. Yes, they technically have the right of way, but that does you no good when you're dead. Since you can't fix stupid, they need a light or something there.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:34 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,502 times
Quote:
There's no such thing as a silly question...but to answer your question...No you don't have to drive your Village...some team members do walk their neighborhoods...I recommend walking in pairs. We have been trying to hold classes in the CC but it was always booked on the the evenings the Officers were available to conduct the class. As of yesterday the current bulletin is this...when they(BCSO) schedule a class it will probably be on Saturdays...they have been getting complaints from individuals who do not want to drive to Herbert Ln to attend the class (actually its a very short drive down 151 depending on which section of the county you reside). WC was assured there'd be a class in Jan...it may slip to early Feb...WC currently has 20 applicants on the training wait list (applications have been submitted by these individuals for a background check). There hasn't been much difference in attendance whether the training was held in WC or elsewhere. I've observed that COP has been slow ramping up...but I'm certain that it will take-off...however it just appears that its going to be a long take-off roll.To sponsor a sign one need only fill out and file an application with BCSO with a check attached. Each sign is $55.00. Instructions are on the application and need to be followed to the letter or the county won't install the sign...assistance is available with the application if needed.
With all the word of Crimes in the area I'm getting off my BUTT. Can you please tell me how I can get the application?

If by chance we cannot have a Meeting / Training at the CC ,Herbert Lane as you said is a short drive. I'll commit to attending either way.

Thanks Again.

*Do you currently have any participants in The Hollow?

Old 01-09-2010, 11:53 AM

66 posts, read 84,019 times
Default ************I'm Back*********

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH1960 View Post
Thank you for putting this information out there! People need to understand COP is NOT a HOA entity: just Westcreek citizens that think our community is worth the time. Even if it's only a half hour a month; it's better than nothing. It's only a matter of keeping eyes and ears open and reporting suspicious activity. In fact; any homeowner can call the non-emergency number any time! It could be that something doesn't look "normal" in their neighborhood! Don't call the HOA - call the Bexar County number!
I said I would not post on here anymore. I have talked to the head man for the COP program,
I am going to go o the next class.

We are also Sponsoring to COP SIGNS for the two entrances to WYNWOOD**

Have a geat freezing day all.
Joe

Old 01-09-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
With all the word of Crimes in the area I'm getting off my BUTT. Can you please tell me how I can get the application?

If by chance we cannot have a Meeting / Training at the CC ,Herbert Lane as you said is a short drive. I'll commit to attending either way.

Thanks Again.

*Do you currently have any participants in The Hollow?

I've located the Application on the VOWC Webpage.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:45 PM

66 posts, read 84,019 times
Default Thank you for letting everyone know

Quote:
I've located the Application on the VOWC Webpage.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Great idea...now if the BOD will just abide by those same CC&Rs. Case one, fence policy along major roads.
I'm not attempting to stir the pot but does anyone know what's up with the fence at Kingsbridge and Military?. (Country Oaks)

I doesn't have the header / top rail on it as required by the HOA. They must have accepted it since it was stained.

Did the find a Loop Hole since they now Own it ?

Old 01-10-2010, 01:47 PM

186 posts, read 345,406 times
Quote:
I'm not attempting to stir the pot but does anyone know what's up with the fence at Kingsbridge and Military?. (Country Oaks)

I doesn't have the header / top rail on it as required by the HOA. They must have accepted it since it was stained.

Did the find a Loop Hole since they now Own it ?
That section of fence has been a sore point with me for 5+ years. I've spoken to the previous two administrations about it not conforming in appearance with the rest of the fencing along Military. The previous fencing was taken out one a.m by some punk who claimed to the SO that he was avoiding an animal in the road which caused him to flip over the curb strinking the tree and remodel the fence. I kind of like that little oak on the curb...its been hit twice in 13 years and its still there..it really totaled the cars that have hit it. Have often wished we had speed cameras on Military...I'm really tired of hearing those idiots on their crotch rockets trying to break the sound barrier at all odd hours....we've already had one child hit by a vehicle at that intersection some years back. I keep hoping some demented individual will come up with some spike strips ...or maybe that little tree will go stand out in the road on ocassion...Sorry... I guess trees walk only in Lord of the Rings

Last edited by Cerberus01; 01-10-2010 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-10-2010, 03:13 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
well, one of those idiots on a crotch rocket lives a couple houses down from me. I have no idea why his wife won't point out how retarded a fairly large 40 something retired military man looks on a little bike. I have no idea who he is trying to impress, but hopefully something like that tree will put an end to at least his childish behavior. He definitely isn't the neighbor you'd really miss...

Old 01-10-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
That section of fence has been a sore point with me for 5+ years. I've spoken to the previous two administrations about it not conforming in appearance with the rest of the fencing along Military. The previous fencing was taken out one a.m by some punk who claimed to the SO that he was avoiding an animal in the road which caused him to flip over the curb strinking the tree and remodel the fence. I kind of like that little oak on the curb...its been hit twice in 13 years and its still there..it really totaled the cars that have hit it. Have often wished we had speed cameras on Military...I'm really tired of hearing those idiots on their crotch rockets trying to break the sound barrier at all odd hours....we've already had one child hit by a vehicle at that intersection some years back. I keep hoping some demented individual will come up with some spike strips ...or maybe that little tree will go stand out in the road on ocassion...Sorry... I guess trees walk only in Lord of the Rings

Gosh! I feel silly. In all our time here I have never noticed that the fence was any different from the rest. I don't use Military that much, mainly on the weekends to get my fix at Lowes.

Just curious, what kind of feedback has the HOA given?

Hearing that about the guy / punks on the crotch rockets makes me wish I was a young kid again. We used to throw eggs at speeders on our street and of course run like heck. We never got caught by anyone except for my Mom who frequently had no eggs for Sunday Breakfast. I couldn't out run her especially when she chased me with a section of my Hot Wheels Track. Maybe that's why I dislike the color Orange.

Last edited by wellguy; 01-10-2010 at 03:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio