Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 04:12 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,177 times

Advertisements

I just now saw the video the "crowds" by Jay High School. A really good question would be, what exactly will the SAPD do about this?

Two officers for that size crowd can't be fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 09:01 AM

208 posts, read 381,464 times
OK Merovee if you will, let's play a little game for a second. You are now the responding officer who is dispatched to the large crowd of people walking down the middle of the street. You arrive on scene and you exit your patrol vehicle and do what????? Tell us all what you would do in this instance. Believe me, we are all wanting to know.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,877,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Cop View Post
OK Merovee if you will, let's play a little game for a second. You are now the responding officer who is dispatched to the large crowd of people walking down the middle of the street. You arrive on scene and you exit your patrol vehicle and do what????? Tell us all what you would do in this instance. Believe me, we are all wanting to know.
I'd follow department protocol whatever that is. I would learn it and follow it.

But I could never be a cop, even the good ones just turn the other way when the bad ones beat on juveniles, code of silence and all. At least down here it is that way, just saying.

Now if the department protocol is that you mace a crowd of juveniles who are not committing a crime then there are issues and changes that need to be made.

Since you are in the know tell us what the protocol is for your department, what you think it is for this one, and what you believe the news footage is not showing us. You could be more productive to the thread and more beneficial to me if you can give us some knowledgeable insight instead of asking me snarky and rhetorical questions.

Last edited by Merovee; 01-22-2013 at 09:50 AM..

Old 01-22-2013, 02:12 PM

208 posts, read 381,464 times
"Snarky and rhetorical"....you make me laugh sir. Unless I'm mistaken, you have made more comments on the wrongdoings of the officers involved in this incident than anyone else on this thread. You gave me and other CD'ers as well I'm sure, the impression that you knew exactly what to do in a situation such as this. Then when given the chance to explain what you would've done, you back out and comment that you would never be a police officer. As most intelligent adults know, the media spins each and every news story that is printed. The majority of us, and that includes you, have no idea what happened there that day. But you feel the need to stand on your soap box and preach about the vile police officers who take advantage of their authority on a daily basis. Also, if I'm not mistaken, there was a news report which was shown a few days ago that centered on the actions of Jay HS students after school is dismissed. I believe one parent commented on how she and her family are "prisoners in our own home from 4 to 5 pm". Just juveniles my foot. Sooo, in the grand scheme of things, if you don't know what to do, my suggestion is to keep your "snarky and rhetorical" comments to yourself. They certainly do not add to this conversation about the RFID chip.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Dang, TexCop, I sure wish I could rep ya again; but I guess I've done so too recently.

The best I can give ya is a 'you rock!' emoticon!

Cheers! M2

Old 01-23-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Cop View Post
"Snarky and rhetorical"....you make me laugh sir. Unless I'm mistaken, you have made more comments on the wrongdoings of the officers involved in this incident than anyone else on this thread. You gave me and other CD'ers as well I'm sure, the impression that you knew exactly what to do in a situation such as this. Then when given the chance to explain what you would've done, you back out and comment that you would never be a police officer. As most intelligent adults know, the media spins each and every news story that is printed. The majority of us, and that includes you, have no idea what happened there that day. But you feel the need to stand on your soap box and preach about the vile police officers who take advantage of their authority on a daily basis. Also, if I'm not mistaken, there was a news report which was shown a few days ago that centered on the actions of Jay HS students after school is dismissed. I believe one parent commented on how she and her family are "prisoners in our own home from 4 to 5 pm". Just juveniles my foot. Sooo, in the grand scheme of things, if you don't know what to do, my suggestion is to keep your "snarky and rhetorical" comments to yourself. They certainly do not add to this conversation about the RFID chip.
My answer was follow department protocol, you and I know that is the right answer.

Anything else I said was in addition to that answer but was not part of it.

I asked you a few questions previously, had you answered they would have added insight into the side topic that someone else introduced of Jay students congregating en masse after school.

Since you did not that is fine, I will just continue the same line of thought until more clarity, if there will be any, is added to this story. If you want to change your mind and help me understand what was happening on that video you still have that opportunity.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Dang, TexCop, I sure wish I could rep ya again; but I guess I've done so too recently.

The best I can give ya is a 'you rock!' emoticon!

Cheers! M2
You are impressed easily Boss.

And you still have the opportunity to go back and tell us every law you think they broke and why the level of coercion was upped to using mace. Please copy and paste the actual text of the laws too since you always do that so well.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:24 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
My answer was follow department protocol, you and I know that is the right answer.

Anything else I said was in addition to that answer but was not part of it.

I asked you a few questions previously, had you answered they would have added insight into the side topic that someone else introduced of Jay students congregating en masse after school.

Since you did not that is fine, I will just continue the same line of thought until more clarity, if there will be any, is added to this story. If you want to change your mind and help me understand what was happening on that video you still have that opportunity.
Since you weren't there, didn't see what happened, and also don't know department protocol, as far as you know they followed it.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
Since you weren't there, didn't see what happened, and also don't know department protocol, as far as you know they followed it.
Because I was not there I am asking what that protocol is? And I have been asking that. Sadly you too don't have an answer but have brought up obvious things we already agree upon. In other words I already knew they followed protocol Sherlock.

If you are unsure what part of this post to focus on I refer you to the first sentence of mine in this post.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:28 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,939 times
You've been questioning why they were maced and implying that they didn't deserve to be.

Since you weren't there, you have no idea what happened, yet you still feel the need to comment and now resorting to calling me names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio