Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 07:01 AM

15 posts, read 39,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Excuse me, but where is this cibolo and other place at? is it in San Antonio or on the outskirts? I was thinking of moving there, but apparently I am hearing all over the place that people are being mean spirited and rude. I hope San Antonio is not going down the tubes...say it isn't so!
I personally wouldn't consider it anymore. I'd begin looking at other parts of San Antonio. In fact, several months ago there was a major quality issue with several thousand brand new houses in Cibolo. The houses were falling apart before their eyes. That entire area is 90% poorly built "new homes".

I don't know what your budget is, but the Terrell Heights (not Terrell Hills), Northwood, and Oak Park areas are beautiful. The homes are solid, they all look different, and there are beautiful trees overlapping the streets. We don't have a pesky HOA either. Terrell Heighs would be the most comparable in budget to Cibolo. We are east of Alamo Heights, south of 410, off of N. New Braunfels. Traffic isn't that bad either, even during rush hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
You should have backed up over the old bat! lol jk jk
Lol.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:16 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin3719 View Post
Yeah, I do all my shopping on Austin Hwy, Broadway, and Nacogdoches. I've gone to the HEB on Nacogdoches and North New Braunfels (the cool retro HEB) since I was a child, go to the Target on Austin Hwy, etc. I can't remember the last time I wasn't thanked in the parking lot, or the last time a driver honked at me for turning into my neighborhood. Yesterday I was at the Quarry and a family was going to cross the street, I was going to let them go, but they told me to go first. There's just more of a sense of community over here. It is by no means 100% perfect (no where is), but it's a million times better over here than the far NE side. The Alamo Heights police pretty much leave you alone, Selma and Schertz, will ticket their own family members for going 21 in a 20. No such thing as a warning in Schertz/Selma/UC.
Really? I shop at all the same places that you are speaking about (3 times a week usually) and this has never happened.

I also live in the area and I can say this as also never happened to me.

I'm not sure if you drive in Alamo Hts or on some on other planet but this defiantly not that case for most us who live here.

Of course this whole thread is all completely opinion formed by personal experience and can't be proven one way or another. I would not want one to be swayed away from the Schertz or Cibolo area based on it. I like living in Alamo Hts and would never live any where off of 35 for traffic reasons alone.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Really? I shop at all the same places that you are speaking about (3 times a week usually) and this has never happened.

I also live in the area and I can say this as also never happened to me.

I'm not sure if you drive in Alamo Hts or on some on other planet but this defiantly not that case for most us who live here.

Of course this whole thread is all completely opinion formed by personal experience and can't be proven one way or another. I would not want one to be swayed away from the Schertz or Cibolo area based on it. I like living in Alamo Hts and would never live any where off of 35 for traffic reasons alone.

Remember what I said: "It is by no means 100% perfect (no where is)"

And yes, it's based purely on opinion, but a lot of people have agreed with me.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock View Post
Well they sure were feisty and up in arms just over a Walmart being built...
So was Helotes.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:41 PM

950 posts, read 1,260,095 times
Have lived in the Schertz area since 1971,when my dad came back here and retired out of Randolph in 1975.This whole area was a place were most people knew or were related to each other. The problem is that so many people are moving here from other parts of the country,like the East Coast and California for example.And they bring their rude attitudes with them. Traffic out here is horrible,and I know what you mean about Forum traffic as I work over there part time.Not too bad during the week,but weekends and holidays, forget it.There are good parts and good people in San Antonio, butthe problem is with so many outlanders coming in,they ruin it for the rest of us natives.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:52 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,970,576 times
They are rude jerks because they hate where they live. Everyone says good morning and good evening to me when I walk my dog along the river in King William/Southtown.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:10 PM

Oh yeah, King William is another very friendly area of San Antonio. Love it there.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:27 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,967,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
Take exception all ya like, my wife is from Lansing. Her nephew and his wife are law enforcement and live northwest of Detroit. They are the most incredibly rude people I've ever known. The wife agrees with me about Detroit.
Don't judge us all because of your wifes relatives. I grew up in the NW burbs and it just isn't so.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:57 PM

This whole thread is forming opinions of an area based on a few rude people so I really wouldn't get my briches in a wad over it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio