Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2007, 05:17 PM

2 posts, read 8,622 times

Advertisements

I am also interested in the area by Potranco and 1604. Does anyone know of new condominiums with the name of the builder or developer that are going up in this area whether they are under construction already or going into construction? tks everyone!

Old 09-09-2007, 09:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,875 times
I have stopped in at the CupCake Junction a couple of times. A little disappointing I must say. Great concept. I hope they can really develop it. Right now they are just small and medium cupcakes in a few assorted flavors with sprinkles. They do look like homemade if you ever need a fake homemade dessert.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:28 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,404,874 times
my daughter said she drove by Burger King yesterday and it's open. if anyone can confirm that and maybe get some pictures of snails in uniform

Old 09-10-2007, 07:34 AM

1,241 posts, read 4,336,439 times
Had a Texas Double yesterday. Yes it's open.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:48 AM
NYr

44 posts, read 149,353 times
Let me guess, they will be having an "Official Grand Opening" around October or November.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:01 PM

17 posts, read 102,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin1957 View Post
Meat market? On Potranco? Where exactly???
It's on Potranco a few blocks before you hit the light (Grossenbacher) if you're coming from 1604. They might have lamb or can get it for you. There's not much seafood, mainly some frozen stuff. But if you want to have a barbecue, they're the place. Nice cuts, good prices. Their premarinated fajitas and chicken are awesome. Also, their ground beef is usually less exepensive than HEB, but be careful and get the lean one. They also specialize in Mexican/Latin-American products. (They have an aisle full of the GOYA brand.)

We've also had their barbacoa on weekends, and it's ok. We prefer the "Potranco Barabacoa" (in the shopping center with the Sears Appliance store) to the Meat Market's.

It's a great place for a quick stop, if you don't want to get sucked into HEB Plus as I sometimes do. (You know, going in to buy a few things and coming out with more than I planned on getting.) And if you recall, I don't go to Mal-Wart.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:30 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,404,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYr View Post
Let me guess, they will be having an "Official Grand Opening" around October or November.
of 2013, or whichever year is the chinese year of the snail

I might have to check them out tonight for dinner. Hopefully it's not too busy
Quote:
Originally Posted by eVega View Post
It's on Potranco a few blocks before you hit the light (Grossenbacher) if you're coming from 1604. They might have lamb or can get it for you. There's not much seafood, mainly some frozen stuff. But if you want to have a barbecue, they're the place. Nice cuts, good prices. Their premarinated fajitas and chicken are awesome. Also, their ground beef is usually less exepensive than HEB, but be careful and get the lean one. They also specialize in Mexican/Latin-American products. (They have an aisle full of the GOYA brand.)

We've also had their barbacoa on weekends, and it's ok. We prefer the "Potranco Barabacoa" (in the shopping center with the Sears Appliance store) to the Meat Market's.

It's a great place for a quick stop, if you don't want to get sucked into HEB Plus as I sometimes do. (You know, going in to buy a few things and coming out with more than I planned on getting.) And if you recall, I don't go to Mal-Wart.
A coworker of mine discovered the Potranco meat market this weekend and said he'll never go anywhere else for meat again, so I'm gonna check it out too. Too bad I don't have a big freezer thing to put it all in.

and I suffer from that same HEB+ disease.. go in to pick up a can of dog food or some eggs and walk out with a $75 shopping cart full of stuff I didn't need..

Old 09-10-2007, 09:13 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,674,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYr View Post
Yeah! And everyone can sit around (all 3 people) and tell "Whoppers".

It looks like most of the parking at BK is for employees. I guess you have to use the drive through most of the time. They'll have to change their motto from "Have it your way" (that is their motto?) to "Have it your way, but don't get in our way!"

Old 09-11-2007, 02:39 PM

117 posts, read 419,563 times
When you enter BK from Potranco, there's plenty of parking along the driveway up to the restaurant.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:18 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,212,235 times
Is this meat market yall are talking about the Culebra Meat Market?? (I didn't read all the posts so I'm not sure). I know you said it is on Potranco but there are a few Culebra Meat Markets around. It seems like my friend told me about one on Potranco. She always goes there to get meat when they BBQ. They have package deals that are very reasonable. I personally didn't care for the marinated chicken fajitas, but everything else was great. The fajitas may have just been a mental thing, they had a weird color to them after they were cooked, they were reddish/pink from the spices.

I need to check them out also, because I'm one of those people who spend $100 at HEB when I go in for a gallon of milk. I guess we all do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio