Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 06:31 PM

824 posts, read 1,816,743 times

Advertisements

This is really funny..........people fighting over McHouses.......and which homebuilder is the biggest "liar". With respect to the "KB Lies" crowd, never has the addage "you get what you pay for" been more true. But ALL the public production builders are the same; Horton, Centex, Pulte, and others have all "re-tooled" their "product" to hit lower price-points, and in multiple subdivisions.

This, of course, is what you get when you buy mass-produced housing in mass-produced subdivisions.

And no one who owns a home in an active subdivision is immune. As banks foreclose on subdivisions (for any number of reasons), prices will be reset, and builders will reduce their pricing.

One more reason to be leery of the 'burbs...

Old 01-24-2009, 11:30 AM

226 posts, read 926,422 times
Default KB Doing a Swell Job of Retooling

KB San Antonio is retooling almost all of its floor plans to lower end homes. Foxgrove is another example, I believe it has gone from a high end Hallmark, to Hallmark, to Hallmark and Classic, and now to a totally new low end home - snap dragon.

Even the new homes in my community cost cutting is being done to the structure of the home. No more gulams over the windows is one thing I noticed. I am sure there is many more.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:06 PM

1,740 posts, read 5,747,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123456 View Post
KB San Antonio is retooling almost all of its floor plans to lower end homes. Foxgrove is another example, I believe it has gone from a high end Hallmark, to Hallmark, to Hallmark and Classic, and now to a totally new low end home - snap dragon.

Even the new homes in my community cost cutting is being done to the structure of the home. No more gulams over the windows is one thing I noticed. I am sure there is many more.
Unfortunately the economic times we are in is pushing all production builders to change their lines to keep the development going. It is in light of this fact that I am so excited that KB is actually going back up market in the Quarry.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123456 View Post

Interestingly some of the floor plans offered in Fox Grove are similar or the same as offered in the Quarry, Alon, Saddle Mountain and Cobbleston - just with fewer standard features. So - they aren't totally low end. I would say it is a wash. By standardizing their plan offerings KB can get better volume discounts on frames (since they are pre-fabricated), windows and more easily use contractors around the city since they are familiar with the same designs. This isn't necessarily a bad thing for Fox Grove. In my opinion, the new plans are nicer than the Classic line. They do have less standard features than the Hallmark product.

They (KB) hasn't built the high end Q and R series homes in Fox Grove for several years - if I have my time lines correct.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:54 PM

I am in the process of refinancing my home to take advantage of the extremely low rates (going from 5.75% to 4.5%) and had my home appraised. Granted I am on the low end of the overall development with a cheaper Liberty home...but the appraisal shows my value holding over the past year - even rising a little bit. Granted - this is from an appraisor that is paid by the bank to verify value...so you can't necessarily trust the value they give. But in general - the values are holding steady on the low to mid range in the Quarry. I do feel for the Estate folks that bought two years ago...but their very nice high end homes do help to make the Quarry a good neighborhood to buy in from the property value perspective.

The new line of homes which are getting closer!! will only help solidify the value in the Quarry. As soon as I have dates on the new product I will share.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:18 PM

Today construction began working on the lot for the new model home. In addition, the old narrow plans have been removed from the website - so you can no longer order one of those houses - yeah!!! The new plans should be up this time next month - if not sooner. The new model home will be finished by the third week of March. It is going to be one of the very nice one story models with a 50' wide foot print. Just like the Liberty series.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:51 PM

8 posts, read 16,226 times
Google Earth recently added a new feature that allows a pedestrian view. These photos were taken before the current model opened up. When I "walk" through Quarry at Iron mountain on Google earth, it is quite sad to see all of the trees that used to be in the neighborhood. The single tree per lot that was recently planted on Andover Bay is a joke compared to how nice things could have been.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIX159 View Post
Google Earth recently added a new feature that allows a pedestrian view. These photos were taken before the current model opened up. When I "walk" through Quarry at Iron mountain on Google earth, it is quite sad to see all of the trees that used to be in the neighborhood. The single tree per lot that was recently planted on Andover Bay is a joke compared to how nice things could have been.
Agreed. But at least current management planted those!! The previous local president was behind the clear cutting. Not that this makes it any better, but once houses are built on those lots, additional trees will be added.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:27 AM

The slab was poured on the new model and framing will begin next week. The model is going to be a 2,950 square foot single level four bedroom three bath house with a massive covered rear porch. It is coming along nicely. Once the framing goes up all will be able to see that KB is returning to the original intent of the community - that of offering premium floorplans not offered in other San Antonio Communitites. Hopefully sales will pick up!

Old 02-21-2009, 11:52 AM

6 posts, read 10,426 times
I moved into Champion Springs 5 years ago, my experience with KB has been very positive, I felt they bent over backwards to make sure we were satisfied. They even corrected items outside of warranty. They were wonderful to deal with. Traffic in the area is a nightmare primarily because of lack of planning and growth control with out making the developers improve streets and the Stuebing case is a prime example. Finishing Hardy Oak through to Knights Cross and on to Stone Oak will make my life a lot easier. We had a couple of Stuebing's Steers in our back yard the other day. I was firing up the BBQ but animal control got there first but not by much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio