Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 06:27 PM

217 posts, read 1,759,398 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the great replys. I heard about the window film. We do have a alarm that goes off with glass breaking or lifted windows. Has anyone tried the double door bars that go accross the padio to stop someone or is it better and cheaper to just use the broom. I really want to protect the side of my home because it is dark on the side. At this time my hubby is installing a secruity light I hope that helps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 08:28 PM

529 posts, read 2,713,324 times
Please forgive my ignorance. How does a film stop a burglar?

I'm so sorry about your burglary. Hopefully everyone is okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddys2 View Post
Hello we recently had some window film installed on our windows - we were recently burglarized. Contact Sherri Rose with Film FX (830)228-5040 make sure you ask for the prestige ultra security film and not just the window tint stuff. Film FX's staff was great to work with very professional and no pressure.

Apparently the burglary rate in SA is really high when we told our friends of our burglary we received several "welcome to San Antonio" responses.

A cheaper alternative would be to install a "glass break" sensor on your security system so that if someone breaks the glass your alarm immediately goes off.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:30 AM

84 posts, read 219,323 times
We have burglar bars on t he back doors.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:44 AM

323 posts, read 830,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
It was me. I confess. From around the corner,I smelled the apple pie she was baking and was going to ask for a piece.
She does make some great pie, I gotta tell ya!!

Old 01-29-2008, 11:12 AM

180 posts, read 794,625 times
My DH installed a bar that swings down into a bracket. Just because we were lazy and found ourselves not bending down and putting the broomstick in place. This is easier because it is at waist level.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:09 PM

410 posts, read 1,250,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenane View Post
Please forgive my ignorance. How does a film stop a burglar?

I'm so sorry about your burglary. Hopefully everyone is okay
I saw the film on "it takes a thief" it is something like this: Security window film, security window tint, home security window film, window film - Armorcoat Window Films

Old 01-29-2008, 12:33 PM

791 posts, read 3,963,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
It was me. I confess. From around the corner,I smelled the apple pie she was baking and was going to ask for a piece.
Ha ha! Good one!
(ummm... can you save a piece for me...?)

Old 01-21-2009, 11:28 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,524 posts, read 6,336,682 times
This works for me. I have a REALLY loud outside horn/siren hooked up to my alarm system. If you mess with my house they know about it in the next county..

Seriously. This lets the burglar know before they get in your house that you have an alarm system. And that the whole neighborhood and the police know theyre messing around where they shouldnt be.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:19 AM

1,061 posts, read 3,586,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
This works for me. I have a REALLY loud outside horn/siren hooked up to my alarm system. If you mess with my house they know about it in the next county..

Seriously. This lets the burglar know before they get in your house that you have an alarm system. And that the whole neighborhood and the police know theyre messing around where they shouldnt be.
I totally agree! I've mentioned this before, but I'll take this opportunity to say it again. My husband, a former police officer, always recommends the loud alarm as your best bet in preventing burglaries. A beautiful, well-trained german shepherd comes in a close second .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: