Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2007, 02:05 PM

8 posts, read 147,400 times

Advertisements

Baby Dolls on Wurzbach? Is that club still there? I met my wife there some 20 yrs ago. Anybody remember those days (mid to late 1980's)? Midnight Rodeo? Rock & Roll Club out on Nacogdoches north of Perin Beital (What was it called?)? Somebody help me out here, name some clubs we all went to in the 80's. Country Down Under?

Old 11-12-2007, 07:31 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,692,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Does anyone remember the house near Loop 410/ Cherry Ridge where the guy living there used to project advertisements onto the side wall of his house, so the drivers going east on 410 could see them at night? It was on a street between Cherry Ridge and Vance Jackson. This was in the early 1980's I believe.
Good call...remembering that. I have thought about that place from time to time over the years. There is a similar present day loser on Vance Jackson, near Callaghan. The family puts crappy hand painted signs on 4 full sheets of ply wood leaning against trees....with notices proclaiming how wonderful their child is. One of them was "placed #4 in the science fair"....I forgot what the other stupid things they put up. I am fairly certain this kid gets beat up on a regular basis for having such retarded parents.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:16 AM

284 posts, read 1,087,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASATX View Post
Baby Dolls on Wurzbach? Is that club still there? I met my wife there some 20 yrs ago. Anybody remember those days (mid to late 1980's)? Midnight Rodeo? Rock & Roll Club out on Nacogdoches north of Perin Beital (What was it called?)? Somebody help me out here, name some clubs we all went to in the 80's. Country Down Under?
Sneakers was on Nacogdoches, and then later moved to Perrin Beitel. How about the Cold Water Cattle Company? I think that was the name of the place on Eckert near Babcock.

There was Denim & Diamonds, a Country & Western Club on NW Military.

In the 90's, I met my husband at Coyote's, which was in a former HEB on Grissom and Culebra. We knew another couple who met there and later married, but are now divorced. Never thought I'd meet my future mate at a nightclub, but we've made it 10 years so far!

Old 11-12-2007, 12:53 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,449,871 times
Did we remember the old Chelsea Street Pubs that use to be in the Malls? That was a great place with gooooood icecream type of drinks back in the day. Use to have great 2 fer type of specials on their drinks!

I remember their nachos being a HUGE pile and their salads being very good too!!!

Old 11-12-2007, 04:43 PM

28 posts, read 148,842 times
I met my wife at a work party at Scratch (Fredericksburg & 410) in 1988. Remember when it was Doc Holiday's?

Old 11-12-2007, 08:12 PM

181 posts, read 642,709 times
I remember going to the Chelsea's Pub in Windsor Park Mall in the early 80's with my parents. It was great.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:18 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,023,449 times
I remember walking very sloooooooooowly and looking very longingly at whatever was inside the Chelsea St Pubs as a pre-teen/teenager. It just looked like fun in there! Then when I finally turned 21 I actually went, and it was fun! Apparently I didn't go often enough, because they all closed up not long after. Well, it was probably quite a few years, but I had already gotten married and had a kid, and my Chelsea St Pub days were behind me for the moment.

Now I just go to Dave and Buster's! But usually there is a kid or two in tow.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:15 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,293,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Does anyone remember the house near Loop 410/ Cherry Ridge where the guy living there used to project advertisements onto the side wall of his house, so the drivers going east on 410 could see them at night? It was on a street between Cherry Ridge and Vance Jackson. This was in the early 1980's I believe.
Yes! I used to go to piano lessons right down that very same street. The house is still there, the yard is triangular and the projector box sat at the end of the triangle's tip. I always wondered if he made that projector himself. He had built up the wall of his house facing the projector. Now I wonder why he stopped, did he not make money? Did he move?Did the city pass some kind of law? Or, more likely, did someone just steal his projector?

Old 11-12-2007, 09:31 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,293,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASATX View Post
Baby Dolls on Wurzbach is now Tiffany's Cabaret. Funny thing, some years ago I bought an Audi TT. Someone else who frequented Tiffany's Cabaret also bought the exact same color TT as I had. People would come to work and say "Hey I saw you were at Tiffany's this weekend. I saw your car parked out front." I had a hard time getting people to believe it wasn't me! I think some people still didn't believe me.

(BTW, unless you are feeling charitable and want to put a mechanic's child through college, never ever buy a TT)

Another popular place to remember was the Dallas Nightclub on Lockhill-Selma and Military. That was around about the time I became of legal drinking age. I did not like country music, but man, that place had some action! I also remember lots of big hair.

I also remember Tommy Kramer's in its various inceptions. There was one near Windsor across from the Galaxy theater, there was another one on Perrin-beital or Nacodoches, and there was even on near the colonade, in the building that used to be a Tony Roma's, then was a Thai place for a long time, and now is Wasabi's Sushi.

Toward the end of my "clubbing" days I remember the Atrium on Broadway.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:16 PM
940 940 started this thread

13,791 posts, read 8,153,026 times
Some of the clubs I remember were SK Stampede, New West, Tommy Kramer's and Doc Holliday's...I do remember the Chelsea St Pubs also in the malls...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio