Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 05:17 PM

15 posts, read 43,308 times

Advertisements

Correction - maybe it was the Beef Baron we ate at not the Red Baron. Perhaps I was thinking of Snoopy.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpuddle View Post
cent, I'm not so sure about your placement on the Ringo's locations,
but, you may very well be right on.

I'll ask Chris Madrid about that particular one,
I grew up with Chris.

Ringo's story is really a sad one,
too long for right this minute,
his son..................

Ringo's last location was at West Ave and??,
about three blox south of Basse Rd.

They retired 4-5 years ago.
Great Folks - he and his wife and associates.

Great burgers too.

mud
I remember the Ringo's on Blanco Rd near Edison HS. I also remember the one on Blanco Rd. just about 1 block north of Jackson Keller and the location on West Ave. All of my siblings as well as myself went to Edison. One of us were there in the mid 70's.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:53 PM

Who remembers when Dairy Queen used to be where Los Barios was on Blanco Rd is now? I still remember when my mother got a phone call because someone carved my sister and her boyfriends name in the booth table top in the back corner next to the window.

Last edited by faith63; 10-12-2008 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-12-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith63 View Post
I remember the Ringo's on Blanco Rd near Edison HS. I also remember the one on Blanco Rd. just about 1 block north of Jackson Keller and the location on West Ave. All of my siblings as well as myself went to Edison. One of us were there in the mid 70's.
There was a place called Mambo's on Blanco Rd. It was across from the Delux Supermarket that was on Blanco between Lovera and El Monte. Now I believe it may be called La Fiesta. Anyway, there was a little Mexican food place called Mambo's. They sold bean rolls that were to die for and incredibly cheap. Later Mambo's moved to a larger location on Basse Rd. about 1 block east of Blanco. It lasted there for several years. I don't know when or why it closed. I think it is Affordable Pet Care now - not positive.

Last edited by faith63; 10-12-2008 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: Error

Old 10-12-2008, 06:08 PM

15 posts, read 48,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
I remember into the mid 80's CPM had a decent amount of people in there, and yes there was a carousel I would say the last 10 years of the mall being there.
The carousel replaced the goddess fountain in '91. I loved that fountain and was sad to see it go. I can still remember the feel of the misty spray from the fountain when you stood right next to it. Don't remember the monkey and organ grinder!

Old 10-12-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebonnet Mom View Post
The carousel replaced the goddess fountain in '91. I loved that fountain and was sad to see it go. I can still remember the feel of the misty spray from the fountain when you stood right next to it. Don't remember the monkey and organ grinder!
I don't think the organ grinder and his monkey were there all the time. Maybe it was just an occassional or one time thing and we got lucky.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:00 AM

2,359 posts, read 6,435,680 times
I always liked CPM but in the last dying days it was sad to see it like that.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:02 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,694,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebonnet Mom View Post
Found this today while doing some more research on CPM. Hope someone out there finds it interesting. On the subject of Central Park, I know several have mentioned interest in interior photos of the mall. Anybody having any luck out there?
Great Photo....a lot of history in it. Some points of interest:

- Jims with the drive in slots on the corner of 410 & Blanco.
- There is a very green lot next to Best Products. It is the present day Nowlin building (USLD/Qwest, SWBC). I remember there was an old farm house in there and the whole property was very over grown.
- Central Park Fox theater.
- Ramada Inn where the present day best buy is. You can see the pool
- The apartment next it
- Hotel on McCullough and 410..that white spanish style hotel is just an empty lot.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:05 AM

2,359 posts, read 6,435,680 times
I remember the Ramada Inn very well, amazing how that area looks so different now.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:52 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,694,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
I remember the Ramada Inn very well, amazing how that area looks so different now.
I remember the Ramada in had lot of little cottage/motor in type lodges spread out all the way up to the cloverleaf.

I can't really tell if the Smuggler's Inn...is there..(The Present day PT/Perfect Ten)...it should be there in that time frame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio