Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2010, 09:18 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,096,026 times

Advertisements

KIM TRAN in the shopping strip at Rittiman@Harry Wurzbach has moved to a new location in the same strip, it's now next to TACO KITCHEN. The new location is a little smaller but looks great! The old one was getting pretty shabby after 20+ years, much more pleasant now

The whole shopping center is slowly being remodeled, I think it will look great when it's done
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 07:51 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,295,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post
Goomba's are everywhere! There is a risk of overexpansion leading to quality control. We will see.
IMO its already happened.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:04 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,331,095 times
In the strip mall on Hausman and 1604, where Ohana's and Giuseppe's used to be, there is a sign for Rikshaw something - rather a retro name. If it is another Pseudo-chinese American place - then it's a Yawn. But we will see.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:22 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,331,095 times
THURMUNZ SEAFOOD RESTAURANT PLANS MOVE AT END OF YEAR - from an e-mail.

Looking for a new location. The old is getting a little worn out. So's the menu, IMHO. Let's see if they can bring new life to the place or if they just fade away. I recall them being really crowded and having a branch (in the Water... times) on I-10. All gone now.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:40 PM

165 posts, read 464,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
IMO its already happened.
Re: Goomba's -- I've only tried their Helotes (on Bandera) location and I was NOT impressed at all. Customer service was terrible. They had one guy working the register/taking orders...there was a long line of people which did not seem to move at all. The same one person who was helping the line, was also answering the phone for phone in orders...which delayed it even more. I saw one man who had called in his order for pickup, wait in line for a good 20 minutes to just get to the front so he could pay/pickup.

Then, the same one guy at the register took a phone call from someone (who was apparently the store manager) and was asking if the one guy had 'cut enough people.' They were clearly concerned about cutting hours and working with as few people as possible just to get them by. I understand that to a point, but not when the business is still fairly new and they are trying to draw people in.

The pizza itself was good, but nothing I would say I had to have again. And I won't if it means waiting over a half hour to just order.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:44 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,436,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holmesmic View Post
Re: Goomba's -- I've only tried their Helotes (on Bandera) location and I was NOT impressed at all. Customer service was terrible. They had one guy working the register/taking orders...there was a long line of people which did not seem to move at all. The same one person who was helping the line, was also answering the phone for phone in orders...which delayed it even more. I saw one man who had called in his order for pickup, wait in line for a good 20 minutes to just get to the front so he could pay/pickup.

Then, the same one guy at the register took a phone call from someone (who was apparently the store manager) and was asking if the one guy had 'cut enough people.' They were clearly concerned about cutting hours and working with as few people as possible just to get them by. I understand that to a point, but not when the business is still fairly new and they are trying to draw people in.

The pizza itself was good, but nothing I would say I had to have again. And I won't if it means waiting over a half hour to just order.
The Goomba's on Blanco is also guilty of horrible customer service, was there a few months ago ordered a pizza and told it was going to be 20 mins. Well after 30 mins was still waiting and when i asked the cashier he got defensive and told me mine was next, but it was not. Finally at 45 mins it was ready no i'm sorry nothing, i asked for the manager and he said he was busy. Have not been back since, and there was only about 3 people inside.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:34 PM

324 posts, read 1,309,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermomof4girls View Post
I haven't seen the update yet, so I wanted to post that Papa Murphy's at 281 & Evans is now open.
Do you happen to know are they taking food stamps? I know other locations do.

And there is a new place in the old Wendy's on Walzem - Benny's Tacos. I've not been yet, but I know in the morning the lot is steady full with cars so it must be either cheap or good.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:44 PM

487 posts, read 1,118,404 times
Well, I haven't read all the older posts but I do know that there will soon be a
Logan's Road House, Lupe Tortilla Mexican Restaurant, and Freebirds at 281 and Evans Road.
And soon a Longhorn Steakhouse and Olive Garden at 281 and Stone Oak Parkway.
Sorry if this is duplicate info.
That will help the traffic a lot. Stone Oakers won't have to drive very far to eat

Old 07-05-2010, 03:23 PM

399 posts, read 1,139,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAggiemom View Post
Well, I haven't read all the older posts but I do know that there will soon be a
Logan's Road House, Lupe Tortilla Mexican Restaurant, and Freebirds at 281 and Evans Road.
And soon a Longhorn Steakhouse and Olive Garden at 281 and Stone Oak Parkway.
Sorry if this is duplicate info.
That will help the traffic a lot. Stone Oakers won't have to drive very far to eat
Are you kidding? Lupe Tortilla? This is a Houston fav, can't believe they're expanding outside the city.

Blah on Olive Garden, Logan's, and Longhorn.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:39 PM

487 posts, read 1,118,404 times
I've just seen the plans but have never eaten there. Just checked out their website. Is it good?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio