Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 07:50 PM

188 posts, read 616,386 times

Advertisements

Isn't there a Chuy's just down I-35 across from the Forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 07:58 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,075,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momzillajen View Post
Isn't there a Chuy's just down I-35 across from the Forum?
yes and one on 1604 and 281

there is a burger place that just opened up on the southside called Monster Burger 1922 Pleasanton Road

Old 08-08-2012, 04:12 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,461,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Be VERY careful of Groupon or Living Social discounts for Romo....they are VERY deceptive. State for "dinner only" NOT "Dinner Fare Items" only....they ALSO express on the coupon you MUST advise before ordering...mess that portion up and you are screwed. I really am unhappy with the way there were 2 waitress tring to take care of a packed dining room....it took 45 minutes to get our food, and then they said the "dinner only" printing on the coupon SHOULD have said "dinner only FARE" items....and you MUST present before ordering, not after or it is void.

That is ok....food decent, will complete the coupons we have purchased and avoid afterwards. While their cooking talents may be nice, their business management issues are HUGE. IF you have ANY kind of coupon/Groupon/Living Social special that you have purchased....PLEASE PRESENT UP FRONT AND FIND OUT THE RULES "THEY" SET....BECAUSE WHAT YOU SEE ON THE COUPON IS NOT WHAT THEY WILL ACCEPT.

While I think their culnary skills are enough to make it, their business plan with out clear and proper directions will be their downfall. Sad, but true.
UPDATE!!!! I posted on Yelp about the above experience, and the owner, Rob asked me to call him via Yelp msg. He said he was aware they had some service issues, this is his PASSION and he wants to make things right. He also stated that they were working the service problems, so we will be headed back to give it a try (and use that coupon).

I think it VERY important that ANY place of business tries to "do the right thing"...and for his willingness alone to do that, I am willing to try. To me, this proves that they are REALLY trying, not just blowing off those who have an issue as "oh well". I applaud that effort!!!!

Again, the food is good, really good...it was the service that was the issue. It appears that this CIA trained Chef realizes it and is doing everything within his power to overcome that situation.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:10 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,177,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
UPDATE!!!! I posted on Yelp about the above experience, and the owner, Rob asked me to call him via Yelp msg. He said he was aware they had some service issues, this is his PASSION and he wants to make things right. He also stated that they were working the service problems, so we will be headed back to give it a try (and use that coupon).

I think it VERY important that ANY place of business tries to "do the right thing"...and for his willingness alone to do that, I am willing to try. To me, this proves that they are REALLY trying, not just blowing off those who have an issue as "oh well". I applaud that effort!!!!

Again, the food is good, really good...it was the service that was the issue. It appears that this CIA trained Chef realizes it and is doing everything within his power to overcome that situation.
That is good to hear. Maybe I will give them another shot as well.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:06 PM

The whataburger on brookhollow and 281 was demolished. A new one is being built when the old one was. Opening in November

Also the new whataburger on bulverde is opening next week

Old 08-10-2012, 03:43 PM

102 posts, read 188,297 times
The new restaurant going up next to Cheddar's on I-10 near Loop 1604 WILL be a Chuy's... got confirmation from the development company.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:24 PM

948 posts, read 1,843,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
The whataburger on brookhollow and 281 was demolished. A new one is being built when the old one was. Opening in November

Also the new whataburger on bulverde is opening next week
I was about to post this. It's kinda sad cuz I miss the old school looking ones...it reminded me of the one in Rockport.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyger2678 View Post
The new restaurant going up next to Cheddar's on I-10 near Loop 1604 WILL be a Chuy's... got confirmation from the development company.
thanks!!

Hacienda De Villa on West ave was closed at lunch..dont know if for good? it just opened not too long ago too

Old 08-10-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
I was about to post this. It's kinda sad cuz I miss the old school looking ones...it reminded me of the one in Rockport.
yes I know but new is good and the parking lot to that one was bad. this is all prep work for In-N-Out

Old 08-11-2012, 08:52 AM

894 posts, read 1,548,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyger2678 View Post
Good intel!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio