Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2017, 05:08 PM

265 posts, read 534,845 times

Advertisements

Looking forward to Willie's Grill & Icehouse at 7911 IH 35 south. The location is across from Linn's Buffett and next to World Car Kia.
Permits have been issued and site prep is underway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 09:39 AM

116 posts, read 472,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Maybe I missed it, but what is the name of the restaurant?
LA Crawfish. And according to my ol' lady, who is a pho aficionado, the pho is okay but definitely not in the top level in town.

san antonio | Search Results | LA Crawfish

Old 01-25-2017, 09:48 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,783,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOregon View Post
LA Crawfish. And according to my ol' lady, who is a pho aficionado, the pho is okay but definitely not in the top level in town.

san antonio | Search Results | LA Crawfish
Ah I should have known. I did eat there once but never went back....not because of the food but the location as the traffic sucks and it is not close to me.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:11 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,156,910 times
From the San Antonio Business Journal.

"The pool of big restaurant names in San Antonio is getting even larger as the city continues to post strengthening demographics, and the latest name ready to dive in is beloved burger chain Shake Shack.

The New York-based concept is signing a lease for its first San Antonio outpost at 7427 San Pedro Ave., neighboring the North Star Mall at the intersection with the city's inner loop. Work on the location will start in April, and according to information filed with the Texas Department of Licensing and Registration, will cost an estimated $618,500 and last until about August."

Shake Shack has great burgers and a fried chicken sandwich to die for, IMHO.
The location will be in the old Sears Auto Center space at North Star which will be broken up into smaller square footage pads for restaurants and an Orvis retail store.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:15 AM

Here is some more on Shake Shack coming to SA through mysa.com

Quote:
San Antonians will soon be able to binge on 800 calorie Shack Stacks and 380 calorie Shack-cago Dogs with the arrival of the city’s first Shake Shack restaurant, the company confirmed Thursday.
The popular New York fast-casual chain plans to open its first San Antonio restaurant in late 2017, Shake Shack spokesman Adam Shapiro said in an email, declining further details.
The restaurant will sit on the southwest corner of Loop 410 and San Pedro Avenue on the city’s North Side, across from North Star Mall, according to a Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation filing. Construction is expected to cost about $618,500 and wrap up in August, the filing shows. Aria Group Architects, an Illinois firm, will head up design.
Shake Shack coming to San Antonio - San Antonio Express-News

I guess those 800 calorie shack stacks will put SA in the top ten fattest cities in the near future.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:13 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,438,489 times
That doesn't sound like a lot of calories for a burger.

If only all these places would stop selling food, people would lose weight!
Like if there were no restaurants, or only healthy ones, people would be skinny. They would just eat other garbage, or too much of what is available.

Instead of attacking the restaurants for giving people what they want, why don't you attack the root cause of overeating in the first place?

Old 01-28-2017, 10:27 AM

You read way too much into my statement. Calm down and let me know how the restaurant is when it opens.

Please do enlighten me what the root cause is if you know it.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:27 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,054,525 times
When will In & Out be open in the TPC area?

Old 01-28-2017, 04:40 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,559,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
When will In & Out be open in the TPC area?

From the looks of things, they have at least 6 weeks to go. Major construction has ended, but it looks like they are still working on interior as well as exterior finishings. I'm just hoping it does not draw the long lines other locations have when they opened.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:58 PM

434 posts, read 1,124,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
From the San Antonio Business Journal.

"The pool of big restaurant names in San Antonio is getting even larger as the city continues to post strengthening demographics, and the latest name ready to dive in is beloved burger chain Shake Shack.

The New York-based concept is signing a lease for its first San Antonio outpost at 7427 San Pedro Ave., neighboring the North Star Mall at the intersection with the city's inner loop. Work on the location will start in April, and according to information filed with the Texas Department of Licensing and Registration, will cost an estimated $618,500 and last until about August."

Shake Shack has great burgers and a fried chicken sandwich to die for, IMHO.
The location will be in the old Sears Auto Center space at North Star which will be broken up into smaller square footage pads for restaurants and an Orvis retail store.
As a NY native this is good news for me. Of course all things in moderation. I've tried not to adhere to the bigger and fuller the plate of carbs and mystery meat, the happier I will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio