Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2016, 08:18 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,783,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
Just some more fried **** seafood. Their tag line is that they offer fresh seafood, but you look and all they offer is oysters, catfish and shrimp. Then it's fried in the end. It's because Texans wouldn't know good fresh seafood if it bit them in the ass. How can they claim to be influenced by New Orleans? I see no fresh Jambalaya or Gumbo or Po Boys or actual FRESH fish.
Did you actually look at the dinner menu? Some of what you say is not on the menu is on the dinner menu (link below) so perhaps you were looking at something else.

Dinner Menu | Food Menu Categories | Sams Boat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 11:00 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,330,575 times
It is a reasonable point that most seafood restaurants in town don't even offer fish you can get at the HEB or Whole Foods fish counters. If you wanted a fish dish that is not fried or some frozen something doused in sauce, it's hard to do.

Sea Island does have decent broiled fish at times.

Old 12-31-2016, 02:09 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,054,525 times
Quote:
Just some more fried **** seafood. Their tag line is that they offer fresh seafood, but you look and all they offer is oysters, catfish and shrimp. Then it's fried in the end. It's because Texans wouldn't know good fresh seafood if it bit them in the ass. How can they claim to be influenced by New Orleans? I see no fresh Jambalaya or Gumbo or Po Boys or actual FRESH fish.

Agree, San Antonions wouldn't know good seafood----
Houston know good seafood

Old 01-01-2017, 08:55 PM

1,038 posts, read 877,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Agree, San Antonions wouldn't know good seafood----
Houston know good seafood
I also agree. SA's seafood game is weak.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:50 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,559,114 times
Dunkin' Donuts on Hardy Oak @ Wilderness Oak opened about 2 weeks ago.

Double Dave's on Blanco @ Huebner closed (temporarily per their website to relocate)

Old 01-07-2017, 07:07 PM

948 posts, read 1,842,732 times
What's happening at 281 & 1604 next to las palapas?

Old 01-07-2017, 07:18 PM

948 posts, read 1,842,732 times
Quote:
Did you even look at the menu? They claim to be influenced by La and Mexico and you'll see dishes with Cajun and Mexican influences. They didn't call themselves a New Orleans restaraunt they said influenced by. I see plenty of non fried items as well as etouffee, po boys and other Cajun "inspired" items. Look up what the word means. Before you go disparaging a place and talk badly about "Texans" you should make sure what you know what you are talking about and don't speak for us Texans, speak for yourself. Here's just part of the menu that you apparently missed.

Entrees | Food Menu Categories | Sams Boat

Old 01-08-2017, 03:44 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,120,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
What's happening at 281 & 1604 next to las palapas?
Are you referring to the In & Out Burger?

Old 01-08-2017, 03:46 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,120,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
Did you even look at the menu? They claim to be influenced by La and Mexico and you'll see dishes with Cajun and Mexican influences. They didn't call themselves a New Orleans restaraunt they said influenced by. I see plenty of non fried items as well as etouffee, po boys and other Cajun "inspired" items. Look up what the word means. Before you go disparaging a place and talk badly about "Texans" you should make sure what you know what you are talking about and don't speak for us Texans, speak for yourself. Here's just part of the menu that you apparently missed.

Entrees | Food Menu Categories | Sams Boat
I must have been looking at that on my phone and didn't realize there was a second page. I tell you what, when they open I will try their blackened Mahi Mahi and if it even sniffs of La in there, I will retract my statement.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:11 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,253,074 times
Quote:
Are you referring to the In & Out Burger?
In/Out is at TPC and 281
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio