Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2016, 07:14 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,040,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
Spring Chinese place on Hardy Oak in Stone Oak is now closed too! Man, two of my haunts close in one week. Not for a lack of my supporting them. This was the only edible chinese place in Stone Oak. I tried Panda Express and it tastes like the frozen stuff in the bag at HEB. Cripes this a pain in the *******s.
I need to check their location at Bulverde and 1604. We ate there once several months ago and we never went back. It wasn't awful but there are better Chinese places relatively nearby and the parking at that strip center is just awful. I dread having to go to the Sprint store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 07:13 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,781,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Sorry to say, but our "fav" the original Tip Top has changed and not worth the drive anymore, and I HAVE tried the new location and it too is not worth the effort. Oh well, great MEMORIES at least! Sad, I don't know/understand their "need for change" but those of us that knew the place ""back in the day" are probably NOT their current customers.....
Tip Top just closed down the second location. Not surprised.

Tip Top Cafe closes second location - San Antonio Express-News

Old 11-15-2016, 10:02 AM

431 posts, read 1,204,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
... the parking at that strip center is just awful. I dread having to go to the Sprint store.
I'm surprised parking is the cause for your dread here...

Old 11-15-2016, 10:20 AM

950 posts, read 1,260,381 times
Well we shall see what happens with the TipTop on Nacogdoches and if it reopens as their new concept place. The food at their second place was okay, but nothing to write home about. Felt disappointed with it. Say by the way, how's the food at Bubba's 33? Looks good on their website at least. They are building a Raising Cane's where the Golden Chick in Live Oak used to be.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:09 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,040,309 times
We ate at the Tip Top on Nacogdoches, twice. The first time we waited 30 minutes for a table, second time walked right in and got seated. Both times they acted like they were doing us a huge favor to wait on us. You guys can keep the original location, which we hated, and I will throw in the 2nd location as a bonus. Way too many other choices to have to settle for their mediocre food and their weird holier than thou attitudes. I don't get it, it's a freaking diner.

Old 11-16-2016, 01:45 PM

35 posts, read 51,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
We ate at the Tip Top on Nacogdoches, twice. The first time we waited 30 minutes for a table, second time walked right in and got seated. Both times they acted like they were doing us a huge favor to wait on us. You guys can keep the original location, which we hated, and I will throw in the 2nd location as a bonus. Way too many other choices to have to settle for their mediocre food and their weird holier than thou attitudes. I don't get it, it's a freaking diner.
We went twice to that location. The first time was really good and the second time was really bad.....we had no interest in going back.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:53 PM

83 posts, read 359,048 times
Pericos Huebner Oaks location seems to of closed.. it's not listed on the website either.

Locations | Pericos

Old 12-02-2016, 08:29 AM

501 posts, read 777,086 times
Seems that southtown's Brigid and it's sister bar next door, Francis Bogside are closed until further notice:
https://therivardreport.com/early-mo...urther-notice/

Old 12-02-2016, 04:15 PM

159 posts, read 185,832 times
It is really sad that so many people on this forum continually dump on local small businesses as well as San Antonio in general. Opening and running a small business especially a restaurant is extremely difficult. Why would you kick someone when they are down? It drives me nuts that people are so down on local entrepreneurs and happy to patronize large national chains serving crap food.

Old 12-03-2016, 12:31 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,781,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcondren View Post
It drives me nuts that people are so down on local entrepreneurs and happy to patronize large national chains serving crap food.
Since chain restaurants only serve "crap food" I guess should only stick with local places. Thanks for the tip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio