Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2008, 12:57 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times

Advertisements

I thought that was a grand opening (2 April) and they still had a little work to do? There's a thread about it called Westover Hills something or other. The information seemed to come from people that worked there.
Hopefully they open soon and have good food. An actual restaurant that isn't a chain would be a nice change out here..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 08:42 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I thought that was a grand opening (2 April) and they still had a little work to do? There's a thread about it called Westover Hills something or other. The information seemed to come from people that worked there.
Hopefully they open soon and have good food. An actual restaurant that isn't a chain would be a nice change out here..
Something different than the same ol' chains that are on every corner!

Old 04-06-2008, 06:50 PM

15 posts, read 28,298 times
Default Potranco

Just to post a note about the vet on Potranco past 151 my wife said they are a very friendly vet and she is very happy with the way they treated our puppy, also she recently found a puppy over by Kelly and took it to that new animal shelter place off 151 by Kelly and said she was very impressed with that place and that if anyone is looking for a pet to look there 1st, also if you find a roaming pet that is a good place to take it. The puppy she found was a chow mix male, very calm dog, we would have taken him in but we have kids and have heard chows are not that great around kids. Also another thing with the puppy was it had heartworms. Let us know if you goto either place and what you think of either place.
Thanks

Old 04-06-2008, 09:50 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
My chow is the biggest sissy in the house.. I think they have a bad reputation because of a few bad apples and the potential for serious injury. She growls at the other dogs when they try to steal food from her, but they just ignore her and she never does anything.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:04 PM

117 posts, read 419,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Uuuuhhhh, think that was at least a month ago. The meeting was at least a week or two before our new automated service began, and I'd say we've had it at least 3 weeks......

The meeing was March 17th. Anyway, didn't attend the meeting, but those I've talked to who did said they basically explained all the stuff that was tied to the new cans. Anything in particular you're curious about?
Yah - since we got a notice on our door about that meeting and didn't attend, I was wondering when it would start in our subdivision - or how I could find out.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:22 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,195,504 times
Talking Paving Udate

OK people, the paving crews know we're on to them and the lane closures. So they've changed tactics. Now they cut the traffic down to one lane on the westbound side of Potranco right at about Dugas during the evening rush hour. Today traffic was backed up past Richland Hills right at 1700 hrs...

Old 04-07-2008, 08:59 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,555,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo713 View Post
Yah - since we got a notice on our door about that meeting and didn't attend, I was wondering when it would start in our subdivision - or how I could find out.
Which sub are you in???? I thought it had started in all the subs that got the notice. Weird.

Ya might check the city website ~ there's a place there for questions about trash collection. They did have a map on there that showed when different areas would begin.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo713 View Post
Here's the map:http://www.sanantonio.gov/enviro/pdf..._FY07_FY10.pdf

Old 04-07-2008, 09:54 PM

And another informative page:Solid Waste Division - Benefits for Citizens

Old 04-08-2008, 06:01 AM

51 posts, read 126,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
It looks like I'm in that green part that says 'contract WM'. Does that mean we won't get it at all ? I couldn't find anything on the .gov page... (it's early!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio