Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2008, 10:36 AM

486 posts, read 1,113,777 times

Advertisements

haha thanks sapp you know I normally do to tired sick and bleh to care today Thought about leaving the house to see if I could get a/c looked at and all three places I tried are either too busy and not accepting any more cars or not answering their phones though they are listed as open on Saturday.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:41 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Was it strep after all, or did you ever find out?

Sorry you're sick--that sux!

It's tough getting automotive work done on a Saturday unless you've got an appointment--IN MY EXPERIENCE only. Yes, some of you may just drive down the street and get it all taken care of, I'm only saying that in my case, it doesn't work that way. So please don't take what I say to be Gospel.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:47 AM

I never got a phone call yesterday so Im guessing not strep and I can actually swallow today without pain, still got some coughing going on and sneezing that wont go away. Sinuses are fighting it turning into a sinus infection.

What I hate at auto places is the ones who give you this oh if you can leave your car early in the morning and come back for it. Right.... how am I supposed to do that without a vehicle It doesnt help that right now the days I have available are Fridays and Saturdays. I need a/c back in my car again the 104 degrees was horrible the other day.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:49 AM

talk about a gutsy woman check this story out Flight Diverted after Woman Lights Cigarette, Punches Attendant | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

Old 06-21-2008, 10:57 AM

dang FCF I thought I was being quick lol

Old 06-21-2008, 01:10 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,836,023 times
check Out This Dog!!!!

Old 06-21-2008, 01:18 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,774,335 times
SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG WINDED POST.... JUST NEEDED TO GET IT OUT I THINK....

eeeyikes, just got an awful phone call, I want to help and don't know what to do.... sorry for this long winded post about someone you dont even know, I just need to vent and get my thoughts gathered.....

My daddy passed away in 1997, then my mother in 2001. My daddy retired from the company he worked for in So Calif (where we kids lived the majority of our lives). He had a secretary who was long divorced, but had a longterm boyfriend who was much older; he has also since passed away. She has a son in Texas, I am thinking Amarillo. She lived in a tiny little apartment in a small suburb of LA and no one could convince her to move after Hal (the boyfriend) died; it is not a nice part of town particularly.

My daddy was always very good to Helen; Mom & Dad flew her back to Ohio a few times, after they retired back there. They called her every week and sent her gifts for all occasions. Mom continued after Dad passed away, and I continued after Mom passed away. I called her to tell her of Mom's death, of course, then called her on all holidays and on random Sundays.

Her apartment manager just called me; Helen was hospitalized weeks and weeks ago; the manager has been trying to find the son's phone number, to no avail. The only number she could find has been disconnected, but the manager said there were pieces of paper all around the house with my name and phone number. She probably is needing to have the apartment vacated; she has been looking for the son's phone number but can't find it. I don't even know if he has the same last name. The manager didn't even mention the cleaning out part; I am guessing because I was so upset when I found that her apartment is abandoned.

When I first called the hospital they gave me the privacy act jazz saying they couldnt say if she was there and I went off on them (well and I was in tears by then also) ... they rang her room, and a nurse answered, I could hear moaning and stuttered, stifled groans and grunts in the background... They put the phone up to Helen's ear... she cannot speak.... she just had a mournful 'yuh yuh yuh yuh' into the phone... like jaws are moving and just sound/utterance coming out....

I am just sick.... The front desk said there is one friend that visits her, but this doesnt make sense, because Helen lived in Montebello, she is hospitalized in West Covina, and this friend is allegedly within walking distance of the hospital. Again, they invoked the privacy act, and again I went off on them, and then they provided the phone number and name to me. I spoke with a man at that number who told me 'terry' isn't in right now... I don't like the sound of this... If Helen had had a friend that far away and she was THAT close to her, she would have told me about it, because we talked about the 'llving alone' thing, for BOTH of us... i.e. who would KNOW if we died in our sleep etc..... I am just feeling really crazy here right now, and I want to make sure this dear sweet woman is being properly cared for..... and I DEFINITELY know that Helen would not have willingly been moved so far away from her 'home', as humble as it was.

I think the apt manager is just looking for someone to get the place cleaned out... I'm not about to give this other woman's info to the apt mgr, because I don't know her and I am not satisfied that I really understand her relationship to Helen..... I'm feeling like I need to go out there and see what's going on, but..... I can't figure out how to get out there and still keep up with what little work I'm currently getting..... AND have some trouble justifying the cost.... iiiiii yiiiiii yiiiiiiiiii.... for those so inclined please send up prayers for all of us.... if this 'friend' is really so active in Helen's life, why would she not notify her son?????? This woman is close enough to get into the phone book, get the phone number for the son.... hell, the son may be calling on Sundays, thinking Mom is just out to lunch or napping or something... she doesn't have an answering device turned on, but there is no disconnect recording.....

yyyyyeeeeeegaddds.... I am just sick over this.... do NOT like the sound of this 'friendship' at all..... we're talking nearly 50 miles from where Helen lived.... when I phoned, a man answered, said he was the friends husband, when I asked how they'd come to be friends and how long ago, husband began literally LITERALLY stuttering and couldn't really give an answer.....

.....................sighhhhhhhhhhhh.... I just dont know what to do next...... If I could just get my hands on Helen's address book, get the son's phone number... according to Helen, the son was constantly trying to get her to move to Amarillo, so if he was so concerned about her, why wouldnt he be phoning, flying out there to see what happened to her when he cant get the phone answered...... well, hell, for that matter, the manager asked ME if I knew how to reach the son...... now, I'm wondering who's got Helen's address book????? Making sure no one can reach anyone???

All I know for sure is that this sweet hard working kind and giving woman deserves better than what appears to be going on right now...

Old 06-21-2008, 01:34 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,243,304 times
OMG Pops... how terrible... I don't even know what to say

Old 06-21-2008, 01:40 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
So.......if you DO go out there, are they going to let you see her? How does that work if you just show up there? I don't know, it's probably a big expense for you right now, but understandably a huge worry, so I don't even know what to tell you. Sorry I'm no help.

Have you racked your brain trying to remember an alternate mutual friend that may have known her son's name? And have you googled his POTENTIAL name followed by Amarillo, TX? You may get a hit that way.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:48 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,774,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
So.......if you DO go out there, are they going to let you see her? How does that work if you just show up there? I don't know, it's probably a big expense for you right now, but understandably a huge worry, so I don't even know what to tell you. Sorry I'm no help.

Have you racked your brain trying to remember an alternate mutual friend that may have known her son's name? And have you googled his POTENTIAL name followed by Amarillo, TX? You may get a hit that way.
yep, googled, and sadly, all 'mutual' friends were people she and my father worked with and most have died; the numbers I have are in different states, like me, and I was only able to potentially reach one... no answering machine, so I'm still not sure if they even knew her..... all I have to work from is my mother's address book... I'm so glad I kept that after she passed away....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio