Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 08:23 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,827,064 times

Advertisements

That area frustrates me no matter what time of day! I had to run over that way yesterday and was quickly reminded of how much I can't stand it.
No, it wasn't bumper to bumper stopped traffic (during rush hours it's like that) but rather the volume of cars all in that one area....car after car after car..moving slowly. Try to make a turn...have to wait car after car after car...that's just not for me. I ruled it out immediately when we were looking to move here. Maybe you'll see things differently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 09:43 AM

16 posts, read 66,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAtoDallas View Post
Oh yeah since you're used to the North Dallas/Plano traffic getting around here isn't bad, it just gets a little frustrating since people here drive about 10 mph slower!

This is so true! I moved to SA a year ago from north Dallas. Traffic here is nothing compared to what I used to drive in every day. My friend is scared to drive with me because I drive "Dallas-style", zipping in and out of traffic to get where I'm going.

In addition, whoever designed the highways in San Antonio was a moron, in my own opinion. You have to exit a mile or more before the road you need. And dare I even mention the I-10 and 1604 interchange?

Old 07-01-2008, 09:30 PM

50 posts, read 200,877 times
Sorry,
I have been so busy packing and house looking.
Unfortunately I cannot help you in where to find a home, I am really struggling.
We did decide we liked Stone Oak, traffic didn't bother us, wasn't as bad as Dallas and wasn't near what we thought from what everyone said.

We loved Cibolo Canyons, reminded us a lot of Stonebridge. We also fell in love with Timberwood Park, but it is further out there, very nice, trees, etc...
Bulverde road has some really cute subdivisions all up and down there too.

I made a list while I was there this past w/e, we drove all over all w/e long... it was really exhausting. We wrote down the subdivisions we loved and didn't like.
I will say coming from Dallas, Stone Oak was the area we decided on, again though we haven't found anything we have fallen in love with yet.

We went to Cibolo/Schertz since my husband is working in Converse and everyone said it was great and growing, etc... but it was a bit different than what we were looking for.
We went to N. Braunfels too.

My husband is still out there in a hotel and visited the new subdivisions in the Alamo area and Redbird Ranch and really liked the new subdivisions out there.

Good luck to you, I am losing my mind on my search, LOL

Old 07-01-2008, 09:37 PM

6 posts, read 32,819 times
Default .

That's a pretty good tax rate. I know that in some areas of Stone Oak (unincorporated part of the county) the tax rate is 2.055. That's because even though the homes are in Bexar County, the school district is Comal. Other than that, things seem to be pretty similar.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:01 PM

436 posts, read 1,614,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosefamily6 View Post
Sorry,
I have been so busy packing and house looking.
Unfortunately I cannot help you in where to find a home, I am really struggling.
We did decide we liked Stone Oak, traffic didn't bother us, wasn't as bad as Dallas and wasn't near what we thought from what everyone said.

We loved Cibolo Canyons, reminded us a lot of Stonebridge. We also fell in love with Timberwood Park, but it is further out there, very nice, trees, etc...
Bulverde road has some really cute subdivisions all up and down there too.

I made a list while I was there this past w/e, we drove all over all w/e long... it was really exhausting. We wrote down the subdivisions we loved and didn't like.
I will say coming from Dallas, Stone Oak was the area we decided on, again though we haven't found anything we have fallen in love with yet.

We went to Cibolo/Schertz since my husband is working in Converse and everyone said it was great and growing, etc... but it was a bit different than what we were looking for.
We went to N. Braunfels too.

My husband is still out there in a hotel and visited the new subdivisions in the Alamo area and Redbird Ranch and really liked the new subdivisions out there.

Good luck to you, I am losing my mind on my search, LOL
sorry to hear you are having trouble finding the right house. good to hear the traffic is not as bad as you were expecting. hopefully, we will find it to be the same. I think we will look at SO, Cibolo Canyon, off evans e of 281, off i-10, etc. basically newer neighborhoods.

ps- hope you find your mind.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:54 PM

178 posts, read 788,556 times
good to know I am probably blowing the traffic out of proportion. The homes in the stone oak area look really nice online and I like how convenient everything would be. but in my mind, it was going to take 15 minutes to get to a target 2 miles away...[/quote]

Even though everything is conviently located here in Stone Oak it does take about 10 min to get the 2-3 miles, not always due to traffic but more due to the twists,turns,inclines and stop signs.

Remember it's not like driving 121 from Frisco to Grapevine talk about fustrating.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:41 PM

436 posts, read 1,614,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAtoDallas View Post
good to know I am probably blowing the traffic out of proportion. The homes in the stone oak area look really nice online and I like how convenient everything would be. but in my mind, it was going to take 15 minutes to get to a target 2 miles away...
Even though everything is conviently located here in Stone Oak it does take about 10 min to get the 2-3 miles, not always due to traffic but more due to the twists,turns,inclines and stop signs.

Remember it's not like driving 121 from Frisco to Grapevine talk about fustrating.[/quote]

lol- that's *exactly* what I had pictured 281 like in my mind... SA's version of 121 thorugh grapevine.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:55 AM

50 posts, read 200,877 times
Definitely not a 121.
My husband has been out there this week going thru traffic during 'rush hours' and diff times of the morning/afternoon/evening and he didn't mind it at all.

He said it was really not backed up, unless a big construction truck was trying to turn in certain areas.

He was all over 1604, 281, in and out of Stone Oak, Bulverde areas, etc...

His office is in Converse and he has decided that Stone Oak is a fine area to be in, even with the 'traffic' that everyone talks about.

Good luck!

Old 07-03-2008, 11:00 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,964,151 times
prose,

Just be ready to complain about that "traffic" after you've been here a while. My family and I moved from Washington, DC last summer and I've caught myself talking about the "traffic" now and then. You sort of forget...

--Dim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio