Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 01:12 PM

79 posts, read 318,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
BTW the company still operates stores in Midland, Odessa, Lubbock, and the Dallas area. Does anyone know what other areas in Texas the company continues to operate?
They are also closing Midland, Odessa and Lubbok locations. They will retain 4 locations in Texas, three in the Rio Grand Valley and one in Laredo.

It is unfortunate that the folks at Neiman Marcus did not buy the old Frost Bros. location when they had the chance. Now that Mervyn's is gone and that NM & Nordies have locations at La Cantera it is up in the air who will take over the location. I would bet that General Growth Properties would purchase the site. Perhaps it will be an opportunity to reconfigure an akward transitional space into one that connects to the exterior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 04:21 PM

247 posts, read 844,197 times
I liked the one near the Sports Arena in San Diego. The op is right, the ones here are run down.
I had to giggle when I read the news about the closing in my paper today, the same paper that gave me 20 copies of the Mervyns add!!! Jeez, no wonder they're going out of business. Stupid Express news!

Old 08-15-2008, 04:55 PM

2,027 posts, read 7,026,285 times
GGP is marketing La Cantera and Northstar as one of America's "Premier Shopping Places" so it is likely that we will see a more iconic replacement.

America's Premier Shopping Places: Trade > Overview (http://www.americasshoppingplaces.com/trade/map.html - broken link)

It is 1 of 19 destinations that they are promoting.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:00 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,433,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHwyMan View Post
"Department store chain Mervyn's LLC said Thursday that it will close 26 of its 176 stores throughout the country — including the chain’s three stores in San Antonio."

Mervyn's department stores exiting San Antonio - San Antonio Business Journal:

Looks like another change in store (no pun intended) for North Star!
This doesn't surprise me as they have closed all of them in the Dallas/Fort Worth area as well.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:01 PM

28 posts, read 115,553 times
Default Any word on what will replace the Mervyn's at North Star Mall

Since they just beautifully remodeled North Star Mall I don't think they'd want to have an empty space. That makes the mall look bad.

Once they remodeled the mall Mervyn's didn't fit in anyway. A Nordstrom would be nice.

Any idea?

Old 08-31-2008, 07:52 AM

41 posts, read 230,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm030 View Post
Since they just beautifully remodeled North Star Mall I don't think they'd want to have an empty space. That makes the mall look bad.

Once they remodeled the mall Mervyn's didn't fit in anyway. A Nordstrom would be nice.

Any idea?
I have heard that they are going to put a hotel in that space.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:13 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
my wife said the one by Ingram is clearancing out everything as of at least Friday (that's when she went) and there's a no return policy too.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:47 PM

203 posts, read 561,422 times
Thank God that store is closing! Maybe some of the trashy people will leave along with it. Nordstrom or Neimans would never open at that mall now thanks to all the thugs that frequent the place.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:54 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakssa View Post
Thank God that store is closing! Maybe some of the trashy people will leave along with it. Nordstrom or Neimans would never open at that mall now thanks to all the thugs that frequent the place.
Easy, there. Some of your fellow members in this thread have admitted to shopping there. This might be a good time to admit in a reply that you weren't attempting to paint them with that brush.

If you were trying to do that, send me a DM without the reply and we can discuss it there.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:27 PM

87 posts, read 294,936 times
Well I bought a couple of Adidas backpacks for $22 dollars a piece marked down from $55 so not bad at all. I always have a hard time finding attractive clothing at Mervyn's but luckily I found 3 blouses at the Southpark location. Not so much luck with the NorthStar location yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio